Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harrismod72

Reaction score
So what's the best educated guess from you guys when I should here a build date? I ordered 9/28.
It sucks I have a 2013 Raptor I want to trade and I don't want it to take a hit when the new ones come out.
SCREW, 801A?

Jhillen50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what's the best educated guess from you guys when I should here a build date? I ordered 9/28.
It sucks I have a 2013 Raptor I want to trade and I don't want it to take a hit when the new ones come out.
SCREW, 801A?

I feel your pain... I ordered on 9/15 and still haven't heard anything. And by the way people are talking on here, there's no rhyme or reason when people are getting VIN's or build dates.

I was in the same position as you, I had a 13 and I actually just sold it about a week ago. Luckily I've been borrowing a family members car in the mean time.

I'm not sure what takes so long for Ford to assign VIN numbers and build dates.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain... I ordered on 9/15 and still haven't heard anything. And by the way people are talking on here, there's no rhyme or reason when people are getting VIN's or build dates.

I was in the same position as you, I had a 13 and I actually just sold it about a week ago. Luckily I've been borrowing a family members car in the mean time.

I'm not sure what takes so long for Ford to assign VIN numbers and build dates.

Seems like Ford have been pulling 1st dealer allocations and a few 2nd allocations. I read that the larger volume dealers are getting priority over the small ones but also read that smaller dealerships are getting their #1's pulled also... wish I knew also how they decide who gets in line and when.

Thib

Reaction score
I'm 6 out of 15 at my dealer... No word yet... Details below...

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like location has some impact on scheduling and the northeast isn't getting much love.
Ordered 7/30
Priority 10
1st of 2 Allocations

No build date or vin# yet :mad:

Harrismod72

Reaction score
So when I speak with my dealer, what questions should I ask other than:
Order Number
Dealer Code
Last Name
What else??

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when I speak with my dealer, what questions should I ask other than:
Order Number
Dealer Code
Last Name
What else??

If you want to get updates from Ford Service on facebook all you need is Order# and Dealer #. You can also find that stuff on your order confirmation or dora report.