Got my VIN and delivery date today!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Purinacatchow

Reaction score
Ok, I have broken today. I tried to stay positive, but I just can't. I am pi$$ed. My truck has been built since October 11 and I haven't heard any update whatsoever since late October. I orderd the day the order banks opened. If this is how Ford handles their customers who are ready to jump on their products (pretty darn expensive ones at that) I'm questioning whether or not that is a company I want to give my money to. And I understand that they need to fix a mysterious issue, but how about some sort of update or transparency? Maybe fix the trucks in some predictable order? Being left completely in the dark is just not right.

Dredlin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have broken today. I tried to stay positive, but I just can't. I am pi$$ed. My truck has been built since October 11 and I haven't heard any update whatsoever since late October. I orderd the day the order banks opened. If this is how Ford handles their customers who are ready to jump on their products (pretty darn expensive ones at that) I'm questioning whether or not that is a company I want to give my money to. And I understand that they need to fix a mysterious issue, but how about some sort of update or transparency? Maybe fix the trucks in some predictable order? Being left completely in the dark is just not right.

I can understand your feelings. Your truck has been built for over 2 months and you not having it is crazy. They should be updating you what is going on. Try to hang in there, the truck will be worth it when you get it.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Brother... don't obsess. It's not going to make it to your dealer any faster. Do something else and turn the internets off. When it arrives... these days, weeks, months you (we) waited will be minuscule compared to the years of ownership. Hang in there.

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This story sounds familiar.... See my sig.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can understand your feelings. Your truck has been built for over 2 months and you not having it is crazy. They should be updating you what is going on. Try to hang in there, the truck will be worth it when you get it.

As a dealership employee and Raptor customer (when it finally arrives anyway) I agree with everyone that Ford should do a better job of keeping a customer informed. Yes I know they may not be able to give exact info but at least put some projected reasonable targets out there. Most people, myself included, don't like to wait but if given a time frame are usually somewhat patient for that period. This going day to day and not knowing anything is ridiculous. Tell me early January..... I'm not going to be happy but at least I can set myself up for the additional waiting. Looking at vehicle visibility 10 times a day for my truck and my customers orders is getting old.

Brother... don't obsess. It's not going to make it to your dealer any faster. Do something else and turn the internets off. When it arrives... these days, weeks, months you (we) waited will be minuscule compared to the years of ownership. Hang in there.

Much easier said than done.

But with all of that said the wait will be worth it and easily forgotten once you're tooling around in one of the most bad ass trucks on the road.. or dirt.

Purinacatchow

Reaction score
So I called Ford Performance for the first time today and they gave me different information from Ford Service. Nothing new, just seems like they got updates, and fewer of them, at later dates. Has this been you guys experience?

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called Ford Performance for the first time on Monday. I wanted to see if they had any additional info other than what I have here at the dealership. My truck shows awaiting transport under primary status and secondary status shows delay shipping. My Ford rep said my truck is being help for retrofit. The girl at Ford Performance told me that the truck is awaiting transportation. I told her I worked for a dealership and asked her if they also used the vehicle visibility source for their info. She told me they do. So she told me it was awaiting transportation but not that it was delayed.

So really until you truck shows more than awaiting transportation.... don't get your hopes up.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone posted a screenshot of a FordPerformance chat window... anyone know where to find that?