GEN 2 got my new raptor last monday... thoughts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TROY JEUP

Reaction score
This truck is the only vehicle I own with less than 500hp and less than 8 cylinders and it is the biggest and heaviest...lol

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the pics of the baja 740 was the raptor at first. Even after a 2nd look, it's not terribly easy to distinguish between them other than the graphics.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Upgraded turbos will deliver the air, but what are your plans for delivering enough fuel for another 250 HP? Can the stock HPFP move that much? If so, how much overhead do you have left? If not, are there any aftermarket HPFPs? I've not seen anything to date for the Ecoboost engines.

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the write-up, Troy. It was honest and affirmed what I was suspecting would be my exact issues with this new model.

Looking forward to you updating this thread periodically, as I suspect most "V6 and 10spd ftw" type posters will be too abashed to post their true sentiments.

Keep us updated

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Upgraded turbos will deliver the air, but what are your plans for delivering enough fuel for another 250 HP? Can the stock HPFP move that much? If so, how much overhead do you have left? If not, are there any aftermarket HPFPs? I've not seen anything to date for the Ecoboost engines.

The Gen 1 Ecoboost (2011-16) was held back by the direct injection . The Gen 2 Ecoboost has direct injection and port injection so hopefully fuel supply will no longer be an issue.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

TROY JEUP

Reaction score
Don't treat the gas pedal like an on/off switch and MPGs will improve.

I am not complaining about the gas mileage. I expect 10mpg in a vehicle of this size. Was merely stating how it is funny that both trucks are getting darn near close to the same mpg. However the bummer is that in the Baja (even at 615hp), I was going faster than with the v6. Full throttle thru the first few gears I would see 80 to 85 in the Baja and I see about 65 in the raptor.

That means this little v6 is working far harder to try and keep up with a roush charged v8.

I think Ford would hit a home run if they offered some derivative of the 5.2L flat plane from the gt350R in this raptor as an option. Then the people who want a v8 will get what they want and not go out and buy a Baja or a roush truck instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

In regards to the trans. The gm boys with 8-speed trans in their trucks are having tons of problems with them so I can only assume that the issues with adding two more gears will add just that many problems once people start really beating on these raptors out in the field

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro