Going to lose it on my dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed my order at the beginning of oct. got my vin and build date for 1/14.. pumped to get the truck I know my wait hasn't been as long as others but still have been waiting nonetheless.. ordered avalanche screw 802a blah blah... ran the window sticker last night .. build date says 1/14 in the corner looking through has all my options.. instantly getting more excited.. noticed sticker price went up about 550.. still don't care excited to get my truck... then. Right on the top "exterior color: magnetic" WTF

Now I'm doubting it can be changed this late to the build date.. I have a copy of my original build sheet from them, and it clearly says avalanche.

Good thing I'm excited and have been checking. Or else I would have gone to pick it up and not known until then.

I don't mind the magnetic color.. but it's not what I wanted, I'm assuming this will postpone my original build date? There's nothing they can do to change it? I'll be damned if I wait for another order to go thru..

I'd take the magnetic but it's going to cost them severely.. 5k off, 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.. and whatever else I can get..

Anyone know of a avalanche screw 802a, twin panel moon roof, interior accent, heated steering wheel, heated 2nd row at msrp anywhere, I'll fly and drive back don't care at this point

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, the dealer probably won't accept fault, so they will probably say, "Take it or leave it!" The dealers that do not put a crazy markup on it, will sell them, so I do no think they give a shit if they sell it to you or Jim.

I would be pissed if my order was ****** up, especially with the color. I would contact the dealer and notify them about the color mess up, maybe it can be changed. If you like the other color, and will be happy, then I would absolutely try to get what I could for free. That being said, prepare yourself for the worst. Good luck!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Copp5

Copp5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the dealer probably won't accept fault, so they will probably say, "Take it or leave it!" The dealers that do not put a crazy markup on it, will sell them, so I do no think they give a shit if they sell it to you or Jim.

I would be pissed if my order was ****** up, especially with the color. I would contact the dealer and notify them about the color mess up, maybe it can be changed. If you like the other color, and will be happy, then I would absolutely try to get what I could for free. That being said, prepare yourself for the worst. Good luck!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I think you're right obviously fingers crossed for a better result... we'll see ****** party is I saw this last night and dealerships are closed on sundays here in Maine.. either way I'm calling the sales manager today

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This actually happened to me when i ordered my 16 GT350!

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be pretty angry if I ordered AG and to me got the most blah color Magnetic. Hope for your sake you can get that straightened out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How in the heck do they mess up the most important option. Who knows, maybe they are doing what some of the GT350 dealers did. Change the color for another guy willing to pay more and leave the original buyer full of excuses.