Gloss and Matte PPF?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Yup, another PPF thread...
I have searched for the last 90ish minutes and still couldn't get a definitive answer.
I have a '19 Magnetic Gray screw that I am considering doing a FULL PPF. I hunt hard in the fall and drive it like a stole it so a little added protection will go a long way.

My question is, should I do matte on the fender flares and gloss everywhere else?
What about bumpers?
Sorry to beat a dead horse, just want to be positive going into this investment.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Up to you, I’d just go all gloss. Wouldn’t bother wrapping the bumpers.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
You're right. It is beating a dead horse.

1) It is not an investment. Putting a protective film over your depreciating asset is more for looks than holding value.
2) Buy what you like. Why would you care what we think?

You can tell how my monday is going...

KPT

Reaction score
Whatever works for you who cares what others think. I went with matt as I wanted to keep it looking stock. Looks good compared to the Ceramic Coating of the paint

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I didnt clarify my question.
Since the fender flares and part of the bumper are more matte than the normal paint, does it look best to get the stealth/ matte ppf in those areas?
Does anyone have any photos of each?

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I didnt clarify my question.
Since the fender flares and part of the bumper are more matte than the normal paint, does it look best to get the stealth/ matte ppf in those areas?
Does anyone have any photos of each?
im not 100% cause i kinda lose braincells in ppf threads, but i dont think PPF sticks well to our fenders and/or takes off the paint when removed

I think our fender flares are satin, and the bumpers are a gloss

So either choice will look similar, id go with gloss as matte doesnt take wax well

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Honestly, don’t do it. It’s not a Porsche, nobody’s gonna care if you’re raptor has been re-sprayed. So just save the money and repaint whatever you scratch in a couple years.