GEN3 Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayRods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone in the Bay Area or Central Coast that could help a fellow Raptor owner with Forscan. I only have a MacBook. I am wanting to disable the auto start / stop and maybe enable some other features.
I'm in Manteca if you need help

Attachments

• 20230623_124825.jpg
    20230623_124825.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
My Gen3 2022 june Build doesn’t have the DRL, the C shaped orange light is always Off except when i rotate the light knob from auto to Secondary light position (one click opposite clock wise).

I tried the the DRL mode by forscan but i didn’t work, but i was successful with DRL Full brightness (I opted for 50%).

Is there a way to force the DRL To be on when the light knob is in auto position? (not with parking light)

FYI. I filmed my self driving to check if DRL will come on when in drive but still no luck. My raptor specs is for the middle east not for us market.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tried the the DRL mode by forscan but i didn’t work, but i was successful with DRL Full brightness (I opted for 50%). Is there a way to force the DRL To be on when the light knob is in auto position? (not with parking light) FYI. I filmed my self driving to check if DRL will come on when in drive but still no luck. My raptor specs is for the middle east not for us market.
It's very possible just a simple configuration change within FORScan to the NA spec instead of your local spec as determined by Ford could fix that, but you mentioned that you tried that?

Which change did you make? What is your stock value for the below?

[IMAGE DELETED BECAUSE I WAS WRONG AND THANK YOU @Antho for pointing out that somehow I talked about Livinitup's spreadsheet, yet was referring to another one in this series of posts!]

You might try starting there and then adding to it with other options that are on page 2 of this thread...?

Last edited:

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gen3 2022 june Build doesn’t have the DRL, the C shaped orange light is always Off except when i rotate the light knob from auto to Secondary light position (one click opposite clock wise).

I tried the the DRL mode by forscan but i didn’t work, but i was successful with DRL Full brightness (I opted for 50%).

Is there a way to force the DRL To be on when the light knob is in auto position? (not with parking light)

FYI. I filmed my self driving to check if DRL will come on when in drive but still no luck. My raptor specs is for the middle east not for us market.
Have you confirmed your DRL is turned on in the Vehicle Settings?
IMG_3623.jpeg

Reaction score
It's very possible just a simple configuration change within FORScan to the NA spec instead of your local spec as determined by Ford could fix that, but you mentioned that you tried that?

Which change did you make? What is your stock value for the below?

View attachment 417520

You might try starting there and then adding to it with other options that are on page 2 of this thread...?

Hey again and thank you for your time,

1- the DRL option doesn’t appear to be available in the setting page.IMG_4198.jpeg

2- I didn’t try to to install NA spec and not willing to (warranty).

3- attached my stock vales compared to the stock value you provided ( i tried to match mine with the one you provide but I noticed there’s letters in the 726-50-01 so I backed out)
IMG_4216.jpeg
IMG_4217.jpeg

FYI. Im just interested to activate the stock DRL you have (no park lamp)
Also tried glare free many times but unfortunately didn’t work and I believe it’s hardware thing,

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 6

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1- the DRL option doesn’t appear to be available in the setting page.View attachment 418448
If the option is not available, as I said before, changing one value to another may allow it to be displayed in the settings page. Much like how I, and many others, changed one simple number from a 1 to a 3 or 4 and it switches the option from "auto high beam" to "glare free lighting". It's in there, you just gotta get it to show up, basically.
2- I didn’t try to to install NA spec and not willing to (warranty).
Perhaps I use my words wrong. You're not "installing" anything, you're simply (and I mean simply) changing a number, or numbers, to elicit a response from the computer in the truck. There's no installation or anything like that, this is all within Ford's installed software. These are the changes that we're making!
3- attached my stock vales compared to the stock value you provided ( i tried to match mine with the one you provide but I noticed there’s letters in the 726-50-01 so I backed out)
View attachment 418453
View attachment 418451
MAJOR EDIT FOLLOWS THANKS TO @Antho

Okay, so looking at your values - comparing them to my as-built information from Ford, the only difference between them is the following:

726-26-01 0000 0000 0058

Mine has 0058 at the end. That said, I think that's just the random value that FORScan automatically generates for the checksum at the end to make the code complete. Perhaps we're looking in the wrong place to activate your DRL's? This is part of the fun of experimenting with this stuff, sometimes.

Always back up your factory values (at least you have a picture is what I also do so I can revert manually as well.)
FYI. Im just interested to activate the stock DRL you have (no park lamp)
I understand that, and this is the closest I think we're gonna get according to the chart we have access to. If you wanted, I can send you my as-built (stock/factory) BCM configuration file and see if that may enable it. Although I am unaware of what other changes may be present. You could look at it line by line and take just what you need, as well. I think that might could be the easiest, but again, I don't know what else is changed from the NA market to yours.
Also tried glare free many times but unfortunately didn’t work and I believe it’s hardware thing
I'd be hard-pressed to believe that Ford changes anything that drastic to have a completely separate headlight produced, but I've been wrong many times in my life. I think we need to work in small steps, get one thing finished and working, before moving on to another. I bet it'll work, we just gotta figure it out. Again, an easy thing to do would be for me to send you my confirmed good modified files for each module and see if it works in your truck. Load them into your modules and see. If not, simply restore your old files and you're back to where you were.

Let us know how it goes!

Last edited: