GEN3 Buyback case has been opened.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brave of you to post here. All these Raptor enthusiasts will rip into you because it must be your fault in some obscure way that your truck is a POS.

I mean, seriously, there is a topic with hundreds of pages regarding “what did you do to your raptor today”. Hope these posters realize they are doomed if anything unrelated goes wrong with their truck. I’d feel the same way if I was the OP. The constant defense of a car manufacturer who has a bad product/lemon is nauseating.
Kind of a goofy view if you actually READ THE THREAD.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man my shit looked just like that when I was doin the bumper lol. Lemme know how it goes, I’m sure people will still assume it’s all me and there couldn’t possibly be anything wrong with they truck.
That bumper install was a pain in the ass. 2 hours in I was reminded that last time I did something like this I swore I’d pay someone next time.

The ACC relocation was the most annoying part, the instructions weren’t the best and their pics look like it relocates on the upper passenger side, but I called ADD and they say it goes on the driver side.

Everything is installed and good to go, took it for a test drive and it seemed ok, then I got a Drive Control Fault and the suspension got stiff on me. No one wants to get stiff goin down the highway. No CEL, but very interesting. I’ll have to do some troubleshooting now. Maybe it didn’t like the battery being disconnected all day, who knows.

I’m about done with Live Valve. My 2018 had a nice ride and no electronics.

Attachments

• IMG_3221.jpeg
    IMG_3221.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 26

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
15 U.S.C. 2302 (C) is specific to aftermarket/non manufacturer products and maintenance.

Either way, the burden of proof is on the dealer/rep rather than consumer.
You're kidding yourself if you think that's how it actually works in the wild. In reality it's pretty much opposite of how it works. A dealer/manufacturer doesn't HAVE TO do squat. If you want to argue their point/decision, you need to drop 20 or 30K and go to court. I worked for a large manufacturer for 17 years, I've seen how it works. The dealer/mfg. are not quaking in their boots because someone mentions MM.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s in the manufacturer’s interest to deny every warranty claim and blame it on the consumer and that is why we have protection laws.
Think about what you're actually saying. "It's in the manufacturer's interest to deny every claim." Why?? So they can **** off EVERY customer that has an issue? That is the exact opposite of what 99% of the companies are trying to do. Warranty costs are built into pricing. The manufacturer is trying to keep customers happy and faithful to their respective product.

OP
OP
Luchh224

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bumper install was a pain in the ass. 2 hours in I was reminded that last time I did something like this I swore I’d pay someone next time.

The ACC relocation was the most annoying part, the instructions weren’t the best and their pics look like it relocates on the upper passenger side, but I called ADD and they say it goes on the driver side.

Everything is installed and good to go, took it for a test drive and it seemed ok, then I got a Drive Control Fault and the suspension got stiff on me. No one wants to get stiff goin down the highway. No CEL, but very interesting. I’ll have to do some troubleshooting now. Maybe it didn’t like the battery being disconnected all day, who knows.

I’m about done with Live Valve. My 2018 had a nice ride and no electronics.
Never got that fault, very interesting indeed. The truck didn’t like ADDs location for that ACC module, so I moved. The directions from ADD were shoddy at best honestly. Good product don’t get me wrong but man, they need to update it each model year in order to keep up with different configs.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never got that fault, very interesting indeed. The truck didn’t like ADDs location for that ACC module, so I moved. The directions from ADD were shoddy at best honestly. Good product don’t get me wrong but man, they need to update it each model year in order to keep up with different configs.
According to Forscan its a PCM Code P160A;00-2F.

I'll have to do some digging, maybe I need to reset the PCM...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
No one wants to get stiff goin down the highway.
This is what happens when you mess with electronics without sufficient understanding of what your fancy electronics do.

I'm thinking you could unplug the attachment causing this particular symptom though.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just thought of an excellent example of shit affecting shit you would not think of.

Few weeks ago my cousin dropped his older Ford Fusion off for service that is now used by his teenage son. We pulled it in the shop for the night, in the morning the battery was dead as a door nail.

My tech says "needs a battery" I said "hmmmm, you put one in it 4 weeks ago". (i admit he was a retard at the moment). Anyway I call my cousin and ask him if he has had issues with the battery going dead.

He says "oh yea I forgot to tell you, when you get out of the car, with the door open you have to pull up on the drivers window switch before you close the door". the door has to be open, has to be drivers window and it has to be up not down.

WT actual F was my response. Turns out his son wanted to get more out out of the stereo so he added some stuff. afterwards the only way to get the factory amp to shut down was do the procedure he explained.

My next question was how in the F did you figure that out. He said many many mornings jump starting it so he could go to school in the morning.

I normally give the benefit of the doubt to modifications but in the end I have seen a lot of strange shit related to them.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what happens when you mess with electronics without sufficient understanding of what your fancy electronics do.

I'm thinking you could unplug the attachment causing this particular symptom though.
I was aware of the risks involved, but I know this is my doing and not a Ford issue. I'm sure a PCM reset will work. I actually didn't plug anything in, all the sensors and ACC were plugged back in. The only addition at this point was changing the bumper itself.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol yes sorry, this thread was originally what the likelihood of a warranty denial or buyback denial was based off of my aftermarket bumper. Friday they will begin to diagnose issues.

Shit got outta hand real quick in here.
Any thread that goes past 3 pages is normally out of hand. Just saying.