Gen2 Discussion for Gen1 Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those joke Q & A sessions with Ford told me a lot about where the Raptor was going. The meat and potatoes questions were ignored while they concentrated on keeping the sunroof and catering to the female demographic, oh, and some ******** about thinking about the off road enthusiast just ******** like that.

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a lot people are going to crap themselves when they see the price tag of the gen2. Before buying my raptor last year, I priced out a loaded '15 lariat sport and couldn't believe they wanted $55K for a V6 tin can. The incentives have gotten better on the regular F150's since then , but they probably won't apply to the raptor. My guess is low 60s for a loaded Scab and mid 60s for a loaded Screw.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I think a lot people are going to crap themselves when they see the price tag of the gen2. Before buying my raptor last year, I priced out a loaded '15 lariat sport and couldn't believe they wanted $55K for a V6 tin can. The incentives have gotten better on the regular F150's since then , but they probably won't apply to the raptor. My guess is low 60s for a loaded Scab and mid 60s for a loaded Screw.

Well the Gen2 suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H early adopters will be paying well above sticker. Of course we all know each and everyone will get a discount because they know someone who knows someone... blah blah blah.

I'm betting Ford will flood the market with Raptor's and the price will stabilize pretty quickly.

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the Gen2 suckers^H^H^H^H^H^H^H early adopters will be paying well above sticker. Of course we all know each and everyone will get a discount because they know someone who knows someone... blah blah blah.

I'm betting Ford will flood the market with Raptor's and the price will stabilize pretty quickly.

Not me bro. I got my GT350 for sticker (most are going for $5K+ over at least) which is a far more rare and in demand car than the Raptor was, is or will ever be. And I'll be ordering my Raptor from the same place. ADM is for suckers.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is producing 5,000 350's and 500 R's yearly. Ford made 4,635 5.4L raptors in 2010 so your statement above isn't all true. Maybe if you got the R you would've been right :)

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually didn't like the first glance well I didn't but my first thought was toy as in tonka Gen 1 but I just couldn't stop coming back to it so that is how I ended up with a 2012 Raptor SVT I was looking for a lifer I think I made a good choice.

Jen 2 I still think I'm going to have to see it in person first I ordered my Gen 1 with out even seeing one. noway I'd buy the jen 2 with out testing her. you can't fool a farmer on the power of a V8 even with all the v6 help it's not for me. I'm hopping they have something great up there sleeves or I'm going to be very disappointed.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was never a Gen 1 fan for the first year. Thought the trucks looked like an f150 got beat with an ugly stick. After a while it grew on me, especially after seeing them in person, enough where by 2011 it got me to the point where I had to have one and ended up getting a 2012.

The Gen 2 I absolutely love it. Especially the front end and lighting. Less weight to boot, improved shocks, and all the other improvements they make yearly. The main thing I'm not huge on is the smaller fender vents and ditching SVT for FP name branding, but that's minor. Overall I see it as improvements.

As far as the elephant in the room, the V6, well I purposely didn't order a 2011 because I was hoping in 2012 they'd offer the 3.5 EB as an optional engine. When that didn't happen I just got a 2012 anyway, but I've always wanted an EB raptor. We ended up getting a 2013 Explorer Sport with the 3.5 EB TT engine and I love that thing. And while yes a V6 exhaust note isn't as iconic as V8, I tell you it's not that bad, and the turbo whirl in the exhaust definitely regains some points in the cool factor. I'm a forced induction junkie though, so I can tolerate a V6 exhaust note so long as there's turbo whirl in it lol.

My 2012 will be paid off in 2018, so more than likely I'll be getting a 2019/3rd model year of the Gen 2, so not worried about any initial bugs with the 10 speed or new 3.5 since hopefully they'll be worked out by then if there are any.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the about the same marketing scheme that Chevy did with the new Vette. Appeal to the new generation of buyers. This truck will be accepted eventually based on it's ability to keep MOST owners happy. There will always be the Gen 1 guys that keep the big V8's running. We will all eventually have to figure out how to get along, just like at the rally outings the Vette guys have. All of us C5 owners talked shit for weeks about the new C7's, until we saw one at the track. Then we just mumbled to ourselves that ours was the best because it still had the flip up headlights and was a 'true' Vette.

I for one am looking forward to Ford proving that this new Gen 2 is more than a street queen equipped with big tires and cool shocks. Then it will be fun at the events seeing who has the best this and that. I will still be one of the guys either saying told you so or mumbling to myself that my trucks the best because it was first........

I was thinking along these lines, only I would compare the Gen1/Gen2 Raptor to the Humvee>>>>>>H3. I've taken the wait and see approach. Let the truck,and Ford, speak for itself.

I'm tired of hearing Guy's try to defend a truck which hasn't even been built yet. Please, give me a break.

OP
OP
WyoStorm

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I truly hope it's not going to be priced that high. I think that will make many think twice. My loaded SCAB was 51 but I paid 46. A heck of a price for what you get. Even if I leaned toward picking up a gen2 for a second Raptor, I'd be out if it's more than probably mid 50s because at invoice it would still only be around 50k. Although the ecoboost looks to be quite a bit pricer than the 6.2. It'll have to do a lot to impress me because a nice 2014 seems to be the better way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.