Gen 3 B&O better than Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Apple Music: Also need to turn Dolby Atmos to always on, and make sure you are playing Lossless and the highest quality for streaming and downloads.

There is a library of songs coded in Atmos on Apple Music and I can confirm all the speakers work. SiriusXM is not in surround so you may not hear anything out of certain speakers.

Also make sure you either use the Sync sound settings OR a the phones equalizer, but not both.

RaptorCT

Reaction score
Agree with others that the B&O system is terrible. Coming from a Tesla that had a much better stock system that I didn't replace. Bought truck in May ('22 with 37 package), just agreed to a high end upgrade in early Aug (Hertz Mille Legend speakers). Dream audio system for the dream truck.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have an iPhone....go to SETTINGS....MUSIC....SOUND CHECK....turn this OFF (no green icon)
I watched a YouTube video on this but mine has always been turned off. This problem still exists for me. Any other ideas? I don’t want to set the audio quality for Spotify higher than normal because of streaming and data overages. I don’t think that would volume match anyway either. XM should never sound better than a music platform. Lol something has to be off on this.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Can you at least scroll through all the presets from the steering wheel now? That is also a big gripe on my '18. It's retarded to have to touch the screen.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I listen to AM tawk radio and the Grateful Dead channel. Sans drugs, they sound bad on any system.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
That's disappointing to hear. I had a '14 King Ranch F-150 with the Sony system that I considered a huge disappointment. I had a local shop put in an amp/subwoofer and focal speakers and it sounded really good. I'm not excited about doing that again in an $80K truck.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ge
That's disappointing to hear. I had a '14 King Ranch F-150 with the Sony system that I considered a huge disappointment. I had a local shop put in an amp/subwoofer and focal speakers and it sounded really good. I'm not excited about doing that again in an $80K truck.
Get ready to be disappointed with the sound system and the AC. Kinda two of the more important interior features of a vehicle lol

DFS

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Apple Music: Also need to turn Dolby Atmos to always on, and make sure you are playing Lossless and the highest quality for streaming and downloads.

There is a library of songs coded in Atmos on Apple Music and I can confirm all the speakers work. SiriusXM is not in surround so you may not hear anything out of certain speakers.

Also make sure you either use the Sync sound settings OR a the phones equalizer, but not both.
Thanks for this, can you make a suggestion for using the Sync or iPhone EQ? Do you defer to one over the other? And do you have a default setting?

I am hearing impaired so every little thing adds up. Though even with hearing aids I can say my B&O unleashed system sucks compared to my Audi B&O system

Reaction score
Thanks for this, can you make a suggestion for using the Sync or iPhone EQ? Do you defer to one over the other? And do you have a default setting?

I am hearing impaired so every little thing adds up. Though even with hearing aids I can say my B&O unleashed system sucks compared to my Audi B&O system
I tend to keep the phone EQ off and use whatever system I’m on. When using headphones or earbuds I use the app for them because it’s designed for it (Sony WH-XB-900M; Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro). So in the truck I use the truck EQ even though it only has a Treble, Mid, and Bass. In our Audi, There’s no question but to use the car’s EQ. And yes, the Audi is better than the Ford for XM and radio, but Apple Music has been fairly equal in both.