Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you only have 5800 miles, I bet you’re smelling the new car burn off and all that is wrong is a low battery.
I sure hope so; just so inconvenient happening to basically a brand new truck. My dealer offered me a 24 Raptor R allocation for $20k over; I was contemplating it. But now with this issue, I don’t think I’m gonna spend $135k on a truck built on the same platform with such poor quality controls. Just gonna get this one fixed and hold on to it for 3-5 years and trade it for newer MY. Still love the Raptors though.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No issues with vault; it was simply a drop in installation. Nothing touching any wiring. I totally just think it’s a defect at this point, their initial diagnosis after plugging for codes show multiple network errors. So I’m thinking it had something to do with a recent software update; and new one that tried to install the night before this happened. Regardless of what it is ; I’m really pissed off at this point. Just can’t believe this is happening to a $100k Truck ( paid 90k plus a 5k ADM , extended warranty and maintenance package: total $100k) . I really want to believe this is due to post covid builds ( my blend date was October of 2022) . A lot guys had issues with their Trucks from builds in 21 & 22. Main issue I keep hearing is the battery.
In 6k miles when the 3 year 36k is up, I’m going to drop in a higher quality batter for sure. I like the X2 power from batteries plus bulbs and it has a 4 year warranty.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone mentioned BLIS. Water prolly got in and fried a bunch of stuff. Should be easy fix and if that turns out to be the case i would full proof it with a bunch of silicone after getting back. If they gotta change harnesses thats gonna suck because they will basically remove the whole interior cutting corners, breaking clips and leftover with a handful of bolts

See if theyll do +10k?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Dealership diagnostic found that burning smell was the Gateway Module that went bad. Dealership is getting the part overnight shipped to them. Supposedly the Gateway module is the main module and it went bad causing multiple systems to fail. Hopefully this fixes the issue; however the repair is somewhat involved. So cross my fingers

MZRaptor72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Dealership diagnostic found that burning smell was the Gateway Module that went bad. Dealership is getting the part overnight shipped to them. Supposedly the Gateway module is the main module and it went bad causing multiple systems to fail. Hopefully this fixes the issue; however the repair is somewhat involved. So cross my fingers
Sounds pretty optimistic!

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty optimistic!
Unfortunately I’m not too mechanically inclined or know enough about the different components. From what I read , apparently this is a known issue with ford vehicles since. 2021. But hopefully this is fixed and the truck is back to normal.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Bad Gateway Module??

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a Bad Gateway Module??
Back in '21, a small batch of faulty GMs were installed in some truck as some guys had trouble receiving OTA updates. Some GMs were replaced & some just needed reprogramming but no-one reported issues that you're experiencing. Even now, I believe a few still can't get updates.

My dealer offered me a 24 Raptor R allocation for $20k over; I was contemplating it.
200.gif