Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Im betting battery or BMS.

These trucks definitely don't seem like they're going to like sitting on their own.... I leave my Raptor sitting alot as I ride bikes for my main transportation. I'm pretty OCD about all my stuff sitting on battery tenders and stabil in the tanks. The Raptor is on a battery tender parked.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

These trucks definitely don't seem like they're going to like sitting on their own.... I leave my Raptor sitting alot as I ride bikes for my main transportation. I'm pretty OCD about all my stuff sitting on battery tenders and stabil in the tanks. The Raptor is on a battery tender parked.
I hope that is the fix , but doesn’t explain the burning plastic smell. I think a fuse definitely burned out or a wiring harness. But who knows; the dealership should be looking at it today.

I had 4 other F150s(11,14,17 & 19), not including this one. And they all sat Monday through Friday; because I have a work truck (F150 2022 Powerboost) that I have to use . This is the first one with any electrical issues. And definitely not an issue that disabled the BLIS, HVAC, Powered door function, key fob locking and glitching dash, all in one instance. Just worried at this point, that this could be the start of more issues later on.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hope not. Rats chewed my tundra Trd pro main wire harness twice in one year. Repair was $1100 each time. Those bastards like the soy in the insulation!
1100? Consider yourself lucky. Dude from Obsessed Garage had the wiring harness chewed on a 911. Cost like ten grand to replace.

BigBlue20

Reaction score

My Raptor sits for a while due to my Gypsy lifestyle and a couple of years ago I started first getting notices from Ford Pass about disabling certain functions. When I got home it was a $hit-$how of events. Couldn’t even jump the truck or anything. Called Ford service and they loaded it up on a roll back to bring to the shop. New battery was the fix. Now it’s on a Battery Tender anytime it’s parked without my driving. No more issues! The “burning plastics smell is troublesome. Did the “Vault install” in your center console involve any kind of wiring? I’m thinking more along the lines of the dealer having ammo to blame you if there is a wiring issue.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

The dealer did initial diagnosis today and found network errors in multiple different systems. They have to track down the source of the errors but did not find the source of the burning smell yet. They said they needed a couple days to try to figure it out. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s there for at least a week or so they’re getting me a loaner.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Raptor sits for a while due to my Gypsy lifestyle and a couple of years ago I started first getting notices from Ford Pass about disabling certain functions. When I got home it was a $hit-$how of events. Couldn’t even jump the truck or anything. Called Ford service and they loaded it up on a roll back to bring to the shop. New battery was the fix. Now it’s on a Battery Tender anytime it’s parked without my driving. No more issues! The “burning plastics smell is troublesome. Did the “Vault install” in your center console involve any kind of wiring? I’m thinking more along the lines of the dealer having ammo to blame you if there is a wiring issue.
No issues with vault; it was simply a drop in installation. Nothing touching any wiring. I totally just think it’s a defect at this point, their initial diagnosis after plugging for codes show multiple network errors. So I’m thinking it had something to do with a recent software update; and new one that tried to install the night before this happened. Regardless of what it is ; I’m really pissed off at this point. Just can’t believe this is happening to a $100k Truck ( paid 90k plus a 5k ADM , extended warranty and maintenance package: total $100k) . I really want to believe this is due to post covid builds ( my blend date was October of 2022) . A lot guys had issues with their Trucks from builds in 21 & 22. Main issue I keep hearing is the battery.