Gen 3 2023 Major electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

gateway module part arrived at the dealer . The Part will be installed tomorrow; and I should have the truck back at the latest Friday. Being a little skeptical I questioned the Techs Diagnostics ; and they said that Ford has established parameters for diagnostics for Modules, it’s an extensive process. They reiterated that they must follow Ford engineers process to obtain the correct diagnosis. The tech that is assigned the job apparently is the only one at this dealership with the certification and expertise for Modules and electrical problems. So the dealership sounded pretty confident that the work and post testing will be done with a very narrow margin of error or Small chance of misdiagnosis. Cross my fingers. The internet genuinely gets you worked up; I read on some others forums about others with the GW Module issue. But their issue was getting the part itself, around the timeframe in 2022 into mid 2023. So getting the part is half the battle.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Gateway module installed. Some systems still showing a fault. They back traced to the driver door module . Which is melted, it visually looks fried. They just ordered the part overnight and are installing it tomorrow. They are still unsure of the cause; my guess the BLISS sensor probably got water in it and shorted it out. Getting a loaner tomorrow; they said possibly have it back tomorrow or early next week.they at least found the burning smell that I noticed when the problem happened.

OP
OP
dmaustin

dmaustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a lotta bs. translation: part came in and a regular ole mechanic is gonna change it.
Believe me I’m definitely lodging a complaint at FORD. Today marks the one year anniversary, I took delivery of this truck, and this happens. Hopefully I get some kind of compensation

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Gateway module installed. Some systems still showing a fault. They back traced to the driver door module . Which is melted, it visually looks fried. They just ordered the part overnight and are installing it tomorrow. They are still unsure of the cause; my guess the BLISS sensor probably got water in it and shorted it out. Getting a loaner tomorrow; they said possibly have it back tomorrow or early next week.they at least found the burning smell that I noticed when the problem happened.
Dang. What makes you think the sensor in the tail light fried the Driver Door module and the Gateway module? Regardless, glad they have the best tech assigned to your truck.

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems if it was correctly diagnosed they would have figured out the door module was bad too. not sure how much a gateway module costs but it prolly went like this. 1. lots of gateway codes 2. order new gateway 3. check for more codes 4. lots of door codes 5. order door module 6. check for codes and hopefully thats it 7. diagnosed and fixed

apparently the blis module in the tail light shorts and takes out a bunch of stuff with it

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Update:

Did your park assist and crash avoidance go out first. Mine went out today.