Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two different frames is really a slap in the face to guys who don't tick the 37 box.

And an even bigger slap to the guy who buys a 35 off the lot thinking he can put his own 37s on later.

There may be a good reason for it. What happens under CAFE if Ford sells too many of these? Penalties? Does anyone know? By bundling the package with $5k of worthless options and potentially charging out the ying-yang for it, they may be trying to keep the numbers low. It's sounding like "different frame" actually means "different trailer hitch". I suspect that it might be the excuse for a massive markup. I was guessing that the package would run us $10k. I'm starting to wonder if I'm too optimistic. If they limit production, these things could see both a big markup and a big ADM. If that's the case, an extra $20k+ wouldn't be out of the question.

And you can still put on your 37s, the same way you can now. If you want the undercarriage spare, you can hire someone to remove or replace the hitch. The good news is that Ford is telling us exactly how to do 37s right. Buy these parts, use Forscan to change the shock settings, change out the hitch. Done.

Edit to add: LCA mounts look to be different. I don't know how hard those would be to change. I'm guessing the aftermarket will be on it. And folks will just run 37s, like they do now.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It really depends what Ford decides to charge for the 37" package. If it comes in at 4K then it is a bargain. Buy it and trade someone for their base seats and 1k cash and you are set.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It really depends what Ford decides to charge for the 37" package. If it comes in at 4K then it is a bargain. Buy it and trade someone for their base seats and 1k cash and you are set.

Given that the bundled options totaled $5k in 2020, that's not happening. Not even close. I'm saying at least $10k ...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much was Recaro package in the Gen2? I am pretty sure it was less than 2K and that included the Carbon Fiber package. So the 37 will include front shocks, 37s, seats and carbon fiber. I bet it will be less than 6k. Remember you are technically already paying for shocks and 35s so you are just paying for the diff between the base and the 37s.

No way it is 10k.

Given that the bundled options totaled $5k in 2020, that's not happening. Not even close. I'm saying at least $10k ...

Last edited:

Stingray23

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much was Recardo package in the Gen2? I am pretty sure it was less than 2K and that included the Carbon Fiber package. So the 37 will include front shocks, 37s, seats and carbon fiber. I bet it will be less than 6k. Remember you are technically already paying for shocks and 35s so you are just paying for the diff between the base and the 37s.

No way it is 10k.

I dont know about the Recardo package but I heard theres a Jose package coming.

BrantW

Reaction score
In that picture, let’s say it’s for a 37, and that back bracket the 37 tire fits. The 35 would fit in that same space with no changes right??? So why in the world would there be 2 different frames?

I've been thinking the same exact thing!!!