Gen 3 2021 Ford Raptor with 37's has a different frame, than 2021 Raptor with 35's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the difference between the gen 2 and gen 3 frame are the reinforcement of the front shock towers (I think same on 35 and 37 model), frame mods to accommodate the linked rear suspension. Pretty sure those are the 2 differences between gen 2 and gen 3 frame. Now the 37" package had the frame reworked in the spare tire area solely to fit the larger 37" tire, nothing more, nothing less.

TFL said they are different between the 35" and 37" Raptors. Might be a while until we find out if this is true.

OP
OP
06z

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I understood that. That's what I was referring to by "37s package parts". Can you get all the actually benefits of the 37" package separately without the extras you don't want.
How would you get the software updated for the different shocks?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
TFL said they are different between the 35" and 37" Raptors. Might be a while until we find out if this is true.
They are different and I said so in my post, you just missed it. The front shock towers are the SAME for 35 and 37. The ONLY difference between the 35 and 37 frame is the section where the spare tire is, to accommodate the 37" spare.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe there is a different frame between the 35 and 37. Imagine what a manufacturing nightmare that would be!
The shocks are different, that is to have one inch less travel so the 37 doesn’t crash the inner fender.
The rear bumper is bowed out in the middle to allow the spare 37 sit further back (the 35 has the same bumper)
The biggest hurdle when installing 37s (on gen 1 and 2) is getting the clearance when the front wheels are turned which is done by flattening the pinch welds and making sure the liner is tucked up as far as possible.
On a gen 3 it will be as easy as throwing them on and go. However you would want a shock that bottoms out an inch sooner.
If* the frame is different on the 35 and 37 to accommodate the spare, just throw the spare in the bed. Done

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe there is a different frame between the 35 and 37. Imagine what a manufacturing nightmare that would be!
The shocks are different, that is to have one inch less travel so the 37 doesn’t crash the inner fender.
The rear bumper is bowed out in the middle to allow the spare 37 sit further back (the 35 has the same bumper)
The biggest hurdle when installing 37s (on gen 1 and 2) is getting the clearance when the front wheels are turned which is done by flattening the pinch welds and making sure the liner is tucked up as far as possible.
On a gen 3 it will be as easy as throwing them on and go. However you would want a shock that bottoms out an inch sooner.
If* the frame is different on the 35 and 37 to accommodate the spare, just throw the spare in the bed. Done

Is this in-fact true that the shocks are different or is this just being assumed? The travel could be achieved easily by longer bump stops or if it is a truly a different rear frame section, the shock mounts could be in a different position to limit travel.

I am sure if 37's are added to the non-37 package that Ford will consider it grounds for possible warranty denial as you are still modifying "out of factory spec" even though they will be offering 37's from the factory.