Gen 2 pulling 10,000# boat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SRQ_Driver

Reaction score
Just wanted to post this so others can see a gen 2 pulling a boat on a trailer. The boat is 9,800 pounds dry weight. At the time I pulled it yesterday, it also had about 180-200 gallons of rec 90, plus all the usual stuff in a boat - couple of anchors, etc.

The truck pulled it up the ramp and down the road just fine. You can see, no real squat but I did add the Tibren bump stops. I was just pulling this to get it out of the water and on some high ground before Hurricane Milton comes to town. Short haul of maybe 5-6 miles down the road is all I needed.

1000002363.jpg

Sharpie69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to post this so others can see a gen 2 pulling a boat on a trailer. The boat is 9,800 pounds dry weight. At the time I pulled it yesterday, it also had about 180-200 gallons of rec 90, plus all the usual stuff in a boat - couple of anchors, etc.

The truck pulled it up the ramp and down the road just fine. You can see, no real squat but I did add the Tibren bump stops. I was just pulling this to get it out of the water and on some high ground before Hurricane Milton comes to town. Short haul of maybe 5-6 miles down the road is all I needed.

View attachment 469565
As long as the boat/load is "balanced " on the trailer, most of the weight on the axles, not super tongue loaded, there won't be a problem.
Good job brother
Best of luck to you for the upcoming weather event
P.S. nice boat :cool: