Gen 2 High Mileage - Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, on top of phaser replacement #4 (will probably just build a new motor instead), I may soon be joining those who have had to replace their transmissions. Had the valve body replaced under warranty along with a fluid and filter change at the end of 2023, just before it went out of warranty, but the harsh shifting is back…and far worse than before.

It hits hard after backing up, and again going from 1st to second gear, and sometimes won’t shift at all between 2nd and 3rd gear.

One event a couple weeks ago, I literally thought I’d been rear-ended on a shift…think it was 3rd to 4th gear, but not comepletely sure.

Talked to the service advisor at my local dealer and he told me my truck wouldn’t be covered under warranty, despite the next step after my valve body replacement being a rebuild with a change to the new design C-D-F clutch housing included.

Probably not a snowball’s chance in hell of getting them to do anything, but gonna call Ford Customer Service since this was definitely a known/identified problem on my truck before the transmission was out of warranty.

If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll be going with one from Suncoast, or more likely, Tier One.

Anyone else I should be considering for transmission work?