GEN 2 Gen 2 ending!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was a '62 Chevy. Three on the tree, no seat belts, and the gas tank six inches from my butt. It's a miracle that we're alive ...

Three on the tree! Haven't heard that for eons! We all managed to make it out of the Dark Ages before all the gubmint regulations.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm an old fart that grew back in the day when regular cabs were the norm and then came the SCABs. So from an old fart's perspective SCREWs look funny to me because the cab is longer than the bed.

SCREWs and SCABs both look weird to me. I have to admit that sometimes I think of my ride as a really big sedan with an enormous trunk. I love it, but it doesn't quite fit my mental picture for pickup trucks.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SCREWs and SCABs both look weird to me. I have to admit that sometimes I think of my ride as a really big sedan with an enormous trunk. I love it, but it doesn't quite fit my mental picture for pickup trucks.

and anyone that has to park these things knows that is a chore. I sometimes take up two spaces in order to make sure I do not get to close to other vehicles. or vice versa.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
and anyone that has to park these things knows that is a chore. I sometimes take up two spaces in order to make sure I do not get to close to other vehicles. or vice versa.

I believe you when you say that you take up two spaces. I don't believe you when you say you own a Raptor. I believe you when you say that parking your Subaru and getting it between the lines is a chore. Two out of three ain't bad ... ;)

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I believe you when you say that you take up two spaces. I don't believe you when you say you own a Raptor. I believe you when you say that parking your Subaru and getting it between the lines is a chore. Two out of three ain't bad ... ;)

well at least you believe something, LOL

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Meatloaf?

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that when the raptor first came out there was a lot of people on the forum that said they wished ford would have put the ecoboost in it or offer it as an option. Did ford listen to that or was it a coincidence? Is ford paying attention now? Hope so. Between the people that are rooting for a v8 option and ram supposedly bringing the trx to the game, maybe we'll see a v8 in the future. Seems there may be a demand for one. I love my gen 1. I've driven several gen 2s and they're great , but yet I'm still driving my gen 1. Unfortunately, living in the dust belt, it's not gonna last forever . I'll need to buy a truck eventually. Come on Ford, give us the optional v8, and don't ask $90k for it.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems to me that when the raptor first came out there was a lot of people on the forum that said they wished ford would have put the ecoboost in it or offer it as an option. Did ford listen to that or was it a coincidence? Is ford paying attention now? Hope so. Between the people that are rooting for a v8 option and ram supposedly bringing the trx to the game, maybe we'll see a v8 in the future. Seems there may be a demand for one. I love my gen 1. I've driven several gen 2s and they're great , but yet I'm still driving my gen 1. Unfortunately, living in the dust belt, it's not gonna last forever . I'll need to buy a truck eventually. Come on Ford, give us the optional v8, and don't ask $90k for it.

If there is money to be made, they are going to try and make it. Depending on what the TRX is priced at, I’m sure they will price accordingly or even higher with the V8 option.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hellcats are 80ish grand, I hope they don't do this with the Raptor. Dodge does always try to one up everyone when it comes to the HP game. Hopefully Ford won't take the bait, Ford and Dodge better be more worried about the Nikola Badger hybrid-- 900 hp-- 600 mi range-- and looks just as mean as the Raptor.