GEN 2 Gen 2 ending!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the test mule for the Bronco. As a former SCAB owner they do have the ability to maneuver better and seem faster than the SCREW counterparts. The suicide doors are not that great but there are advantages to having 4 doors when it comes to passengers and cargo. To me single cab and super cab trucks don't look right. The new truck designs are made for 4 doors and lots of room. The next gen F150 will have the huge video screen ala the new explorer
I'm an old fart that grew back in the day when regular cabs were the norm and then came the SCABs. So from an old fart's perspective SCREWs look funny to me because the cab is longer than the bed.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm an old fart that grew back in the day when regular cabs were the norm and then came the SCABs. So from an old fart's perspective SCREWs look funny to me because the cab is longer than the bed.

I hear you. Had one of these back in the day. Column shift, AM radio. Yee haw!

PS: It didn't look this nice. Same color though.

1517622721ef1d578f12d76de3D8O4317-940x627.jpg

Last edited:

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Older trucks, do look right and they fit them but I saw a Chevrolet single cab z71 the other day and it did not look right at all.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s all guesswork, unless you’re on the inside at this point. Could see the left over Gen 2 with coils in the rear or that is just a longer term test mule for the Gen 3. With the new F-150’coming out and possibly a hybrid, I don’t think a Gen 3 will be released at the same time. We have seen production stop and begin again for the next Gen. And as mentioned it would be perfect timing for Ford to stop production and see what the TRX has to offer, along with any other manufacturer that may enter this performance segment. It may force Fords hand.

The Raptor was and currently still is the truck to beat in this segment. I’d truly like to see if the TRX or whatever comes out is that good, and how will Ford choose to better it.