GEN 2 Garage Layout with Scab

Which Garage Layout

Votes: 4 21.1%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #4 Wife Parks Outside all winter

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Why are you so lame, don't you have something better to do?

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I tried to avoid it, but in my area the non HOA neighborhoods are crap but still expensive (or super nice and $1M), or you’re out in the county on propane, a well, and no plowed roads.

Wife and I just went through resolving a similar situation. We found another area ( of the country! ) Life is too short for things that make you unhappy.

I get tired of having to clay bar tree sap from the ponderosa pines off my sedan that lives outside now, I don’t want to do that regularly on the Raptor.

do you need to borrow a chainsaw? Oh wait, let me guess - HOA won’t let you cut them?

That is no small concern, I had a car I wasn’t too concerned about and that pine tree sap is a M***** F***ing pain in the @** to deal with if you catch it quickly. And it’s worse if you don’t catch it quickly!

JaLav

Reaction score
I set up the garage for option #1 today. It involved some use of a pallet jack and removing a tire off the Bronco to get the rear end into position. The Raptor has plenty of space with right at 11' from the right side of the door to the Bronco, and the car fits in the single bay just fine.

View attachment 150478

Initially I put the wheel chocks outside the garage until the wife gets used to it, but she should do fine. The car is 81" wide at the mirrors and the door is 95" wide. The new Bronco is about 18” shorter than the car, and only 6” wider, so it would also be a good fit. If for some reason the Bronco doesn’t pan out she’d probably get a Subaru WRX.

View attachment 150479

AWESOME!!! Can you imagine replacing that VW with the new Bronco or another Raptor...? WOW!!! Just imagined it and it was awesome!!!

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wife and I just went through resolving a similar situation. We found another area ( of the country! ) Life is too short for things that make you unhappy.

do you need to borrow a chainsaw? Oh wait, let me guess - HOA won’t let you cut them?

That is no small concern, I had a car I wasn’t too concerned about and that pine tree sap is a M***** F***ing pain in the @** to deal with if you catch it quickly. And it’s worse if you don’t catch it quickly!

It’s not the HOA, but the city that would have an issue with cutting the pines. You need to get a permit and have a specific reason, like the tree is sick, to be able to remove them. Regardless, I wouldn’t cut them as I like them.

I really like Northern AZ (but tell everyone in CA that is sucks so they’ll stop coming here to ruin it). I’ve travel to about 34 states now and I haven’t found anywhere I like better. There are plenty of cool places that are politically terrible and the gun laws suck. We are actively looking for the right place on the outskirts with 2-3 acres and room for a shop, but finding that with supplied water, natural gas, and decent roads/access is a challenge. AZ is going to have major water issues in the future, so I do want to be on the municipal systems. If your personal well goes dry the property value drops 50%, if the city wells go dry the entire population shares that burden.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AWESOME!!! Can you imagine replacing that VW with the new Bronco or another Raptor...? WOW!!! Just imagined it and it was awesome!!!

A second Raptor would be redundant, but that new Bronco should be rad. My only concern is if I will fit inside and be able to drive it comfortably. I’m 6’5” and built like a lineman, so many vehicles are just too small. The VW is a good long range commuter car, the 40+ mpg is nice, but my Raptor is far more comfortable.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife can handle her shit. She is the same one who demanded that her new Bronco be the manual trans regardless of Sasquatch availability with the stick.

Years ago my wife demanded her new Acura have a stick. And she knows how to drive one, as do all 3 of my kids thanks to me.

After a couple of weeks I notice the Acura sitting forlorn, not being used. I say, "Honey, why you no drive your new car?" She says, "Honey, you were right, I should've got an automatic. I'm tired of the stick."

5k later down the tubes that was traded in for an automatic. :lol:

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lista, huh? Nice.

Good eye. I bought two 56” Lista cabinets from one of my Audi locations that was remodeling for $200 each. They have some battle scars from 15 years of pro mechanic use, but they work perfect for me.

Years ago my wife demanded her new Acura have a stick. And she knows how to drive one, as do all 3 of my kids thanks to me.

After a couple of weeks I notice the Acura sitting forlorn, not being used. I say, "Honey, why you no drive your new car?" She says, "Honey, you were right, I should've got an automatic. I'm tired of the stick."

5k later down the tubes that was traded in for an automatic. :lol:

My wife drove a manual daily when we lived in Phoenix for 11 years and Tucson for 4 years before that. Her Touareg is in the shop getting the 40K maintenance done, so she is driving my manual Passat this week. I asked her how it was just now, she said “pleasant and fun”.

OP
OP
BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Raptor parks outside along with my F250. I am in San Diego, so not much rain and no snow.

But those green parakeets down in OB used to shit on my Bronco almost daily. I lived on Voltaire west of Abbott by the entrance to Dog Beach. Good times living down there.