Front Stock Fox vs Fox 3.0 vs Icon 3.0 vs King 3.0: Dyno Results

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DylanICON

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For those asking about stroke length in the position sensitive tests:

At about -2.75" you can see the transition to zone 3 just starting. Had the stroke gone to -3.75" you would have seen a distinct step just like the Fox

Superjet802

Reaction score
For those asking about stroke length in the position sensitive tests:

At about -2.75" you can see the transition to zone 3 just starting. Had the stroke gone to -3.75" you would have seen a distinct step just like the Fox

Oh you mean the tests aren't accurate???

It seems hard to believe the tests wouldn't be biased considering the tests were performed at FOX's facility.

Ask me how I know..... What a joke. :rolleyes:

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have only a single post on this forum. Why should we believe you have any credibility in your statement?

But since you asked, how do you know? Prove it

DylanICON

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh you mean the tests aren't accurate???

It seems hard to believe the tests wouldn't be biased considering the tests were performed at FOX's facility.

Ask me how I know..... What a joke. :rolleyes:

The tests are accurate and well done just not to the same stroke length. That is why it was assumed there were 2 zones in each direction when actually there are 3. (although you can see the third just starting to transition)

A note on deciphering position sensitive date:
It is very difficult to show and analyze position sensitive data because there are 3 variables(force, velocity, position) and graphs are 2 dimensional (X,Y). Either a 3D graph or multiple sets of 2D graphs are needed.
That being said:
This is a very good combination of graphs (force/position and force/velocity) to paint a picture of what is going on. Any more or less would be incomplete or confusing. I agree with most of the general theory points. All in all well done!!

Remember: The numbers just tell you what it is, not good or bad, right or wrong. And they sure don't tell you if you will like it. Many times I have dyno'd, driven, retuned, re-dyno'd thinking this is a change in the right direction only to find that it sucked

Correction: spring rate is 675
Let me know it there is any other tech info needed.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks Dylan. I sincerely appreciate the feedback and positive comments.

I'm going to do a little digging on my end. If the data exists that shows that extra .75", I'm going to redo the graphs. If not, that will be unfortunate. Either way, I should have caught the differences, and I didn't. My mistake.

Thanks again and I hope to have an update soon!

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BigJ,

Very well done thanks. If I understand the information as provided, this helps me choose a "starting point" when choosing the front shocks. I just had to make a mad scramble choice on my rear shocks and went in circles trying to decide which of the big three to choose, I didn't know where to start and how each performed... besides the subjective comments from the various users.

By starting point, I mean: this data allows me to think about how I will drive my truck, and how I want it to behave. This has allowed me to narrow my potential choice down to two companies, and quite possibly even one company based on the DATA provided. However, there are other factors like cost, customer support, innovation, and installation that come into play.

Can I live with one choice if the cost and service is better or should I bite the bullet on cost / service if the performance is what I really require. That could be the deciding factor. At least I know I have time to make up my mind, or get myself more confused.

Thanks BigJ, well done

Last edited:

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Customer service can make you, or break you... ESPECIALLY now in the days of Internet and forums. Decades ago, it wasn't nearly as critical. Now, the slightest misstep is broadcast for the world to see!