Forscan Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the exact same thing. Anybody try yet?

I'm waiting on the activation email from the Forscan forums. As soon as they send it I will try. I already bought the module and installed the software on my Windows partition on my Mac using Parallels.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet!

It works with Parallels on a Mac. The one step I had to do was activate Bluetooth for use on the Parallels side. Link below for instructions.

KB Parallels: How to use Mac Bluetooth in virtual machine?

I did:

Disable fake engine noise
Added auto fold mirrors when you lock the truck
Added number values above engine/trans gauges
Heat/cool icons on Sync screen
Disabled double honk
Global Windows (have to figure out how to use this)

Pretty stoked about the engine noise. It's much quieter and sounds more natural.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when you guys say "double honk", are you referring to it honking twice when you get out when it is running with the key in your pocket?

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I edit the device on a PC and then take it to my truck to install? I ask because the only windows device I have is a desktop while my laptops are macs. I also only have iPhones.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I edit the device on a PC and then take it to my truck to install? I ask because the only windows device I have is a desktop while my laptops are macs. I also only have iPhones.

You have to be directly connected to the truck's OBD via a cable or bluetooth.

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
In regards to what? The radio is louder, I notice a little more wind noise. You can def hear exactly what the truck sounds like.

That's pretty much exactly what I was wondering. Thanks for the info. My biggest concern with the fake engine noise was having it laid over the radio. Sounds like a worthwhile mod.

---------- Post added 02-08-2017 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-07-2017 at 11:44 PM ----------

I had it done

Truck definitely sounds "buzzy" but in principle against any fake sounds so it is what it is

Thanks for the info, how did you get yours turned off?