Forscan Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tex7432

Reaction score
a hole in the wall town in what is now called Idah
Well I bought the module and got the license.
It's crazy what can be done! Super simple just follow online instructions. Well worth the $80 for the module off amazon!

I Disabled the fake engine noise, double honk, and seat belt minders! (Local dealer told me they couldn't disable the engine noise as ford would not support thier request.)

Also added heat & cool seat icons to home screen & climate touch screen, numbers above gauges in cluster, auto-folding mirrors which is freaking awesome!

How much of a difference do you notice with the fake engine noise disabled?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you enable a heated steering wheel on the screen on a truck with out the steering wheel option? im wondering if you just need to swap the steering wheel and enable it with the forscan

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to what? The radio is louder, I notice a little more wind noise. You can def hear exactly what the truck sounds like.

How much of a difference do you notice with the fake engine noise disabled?

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Yes, because when I first did it I didn't enter the right value and loss the steering wheel icon.

can you enable a heated steering wheel on the screen on a truck with out the steering wheel option? im wondering if you just need to swap the steering wheel and enable it with the forscan

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Yes and have a blue-tooth enabled laptop and a little computer knowledge.

So all you need to purchase is the OBD plug in module??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will it work on a MacBook Pro using parallels with windows? Either Bluetooth or wifi? Otherwise I'll buy a cheap windows laptop.

Is it true we can enable the other 2 cylinders making it 8 total? :ROFLJest:
I was wondering the exact same thing. Anybody try yet?

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Auto-folding Mirrors you have to change code in 2 modules manually, Yes I did the global window as well.

Great job! I followed your link on the f150 forum and read almost ALL of the pages. Are the folding mirrors a PID or changing of the code manually? Also, did you do the global window option?

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the Auto-folding Mirrors you have to change code in 2 modules manually, Yes I did the global window as well.
Cool! Do you have the codes for both or where I can find them? Are they on the spread sheet from Livnitup?

OP
OP
dinoone

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look in the spread sheet under the specific APIC module not under the "common" tab.

Cool! Do you have the codes for both or where I can find them? Are they on the spread sheet from Livnitup?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In regards to what? The radio is louder, I notice a little more wind noise. You can def hear exactly what the truck sounds like.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Yes, because when I first did it I didn't enter the right value and loss the steering wheel icon.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Yes and have a blue-tooth enabled laptop and a little computer knowledge.

i take it your truck already had the heated wheel tho?
im wondering if those that dont have it can just simply enable it in the sync and just change the steering wheel out for a heated one and it will work.

Jetsco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i take it your truck already had the heated wheel tho?
im wondering if those that dont have it can just simply enable it in the sync and just change the steering wheel out for a heated one and it will work.
Yes, you'll need the heated steering wheeling to enable that option.

If you go to the FORScan thread in the F150 Forum, there are a lot of hardware upgrades that can be added on and then activated by coding in FORScan, assuming connectors and harnesses are the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superiorplumbing