Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with an extended warranty (bought through Ford) been told the implications of this tune? I can’t get a straight answer on whether or not this warranty piggybacks off of that or stands on its own.

If the warranty with tune is on its own it would take my extended coverage from 90,000 more miles as of right now vs down to 36,000 or whatever the tune comes with. Not great.
I've asked the same question, and given the minimal gains from this tune, its honestly not worth impacting the ESP.

Just gonna shift the money over to either modding the GT350 or going after one of those sweet new quad motor Rivians R1S lol

Reaction score
Has anyone else installed this themselves? And once I remove the tune, would I be able to sell the tuner, or is it worthless for anyone else? Just was thinking to use this until Goose comes out with a tune for the 23
My understanding is that it becomes VIN locked. Ford sells the device itself for ~$400 with no tune. I saw a post on the interwebs that say you can use one on multiple vehicles, but since it does not apply to me I didn’t read it.

Reaction score
So, if you unplug it does the tune go away? Seems like an easy install/uninstall option for the truck.

Don’t know why I’m asking because it doesn’t cover the 24 anyway. If it did I probably buy since it would be the only choice for 24’s.
You can unplug it. I just choose to monitor a few things that aren’t available on the dash.