Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Did you do the install yourself? What sorta boost numbers are you maxing out at ?
I did it myself. I see the boost jump sooner than it used to, and fall to vacuum later. It seems to hold boost longer. Max boost hasn’t seemed to change and varies based on conditions. I’ve seen between 16 and 19psi on any given day.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought and installed once I found the package at a discounted price. I have my reasons for not going with a 3rd party tune or a piggyback.

The transmission shifting is so much smoother now. I never had an issue with it but now understand what people were complaining about.

As far as power and torque, I only have the butt dyno to test with. I find the additional torque helps get going just a bit quicker. It looks like there is additional boost and the other necessities like fuel flow and faster throttle response to go along with the boost. I like to watch the boost numbers and definitely see it at higher boost and it holds longer.

I also like that I can leave the unit plugged in and see different readings than on the dash. You can choose 6 gauges to display.

For me it is worth it, especially getting $200+ off the MSRP.
Are you using the USB cord? I hooked it up on the large port below the dash and I couldnt find where you get these readings.