Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but to date we have:

1. Whipple tune (stage 1) to make an amazing 80* foot pounds of torque and 30* horsepower more than stock
2. Livernois-23 need to get a new ECM peak vs. peak gains of over 83WHP and 113WTQ, with maximum gains of over 90WHP and 117WTQ
Ford Performance ecoqueef numbers
if youre willing to swap eco theres many options

Great Scott

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but to date we have:

1. Whipple tune (stage 1) to make an amazing 80* foot pounds of torque and 30* horsepower more than stock
2. Livernois-23 need to get a new ECM peak vs. peak gains of over 83WHP and 113WTQ, with maximum gains of over 90WHP and 117WTQ
Ford Performance ecoqueef numbers
I'm close to getting the Whipple tune after reading more lately. I'm not looking at just peak power, but power across the whole curve and they seem to have the most robust gains across the curve on 93 octane. Don't have to buy a new ECU or get it "unlocked".

I really think the Whipple tune is just the FP tune but with 93 octane. Curves look similar.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm close to getting the Whipple tune after reading more lately. I'm not looking at just peak power, but power across the whole curve and they seem to have the most robust gains across the curve on 93 octane. Don't have to buy a new ECU or get it "unlocked".

I really think the Whipple tune is just the FP tune but with 93 octane. Curves look similar.
I think you’re right. On 91 I think they claim 30 hp

raydulce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you’re right. On 91 I think they claim 30 hp
So what is the limiting factor on our trucks then, if Whipple and Ford Performance reached similar results with thier tunes? (as compared to the Ranger Raptor gains of course...)