Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, how does this compare with the Whipple tune? I know a lot of people thought that one was weak, but it is essentially the same thing?
I think the whipple tune , kills this one although it does not take much , I think the whipple is 580 ft of torque this one 554

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like if the truck is out of warranty, or if one does not care and wants to void the warranty it , ford should be forced to unlock the ecu , it’s not their truck anymore , it’s mine. They really should have no right to do this, it’s creating a monopoly

devans101

Reaction score
Talked to Hennessy too. $18k for their performance upgrade (enhanced air induction, a high-capacity intercooler with blow off valve, and an upgraded engine-management system):

HORSEPOWER

LB-FT OF TORQUE

3 / 36,000
WARRANTY

Great Scott

Reaction score
The Ford tune is off 91 octane and stock intercooler.

When you look at the Cobb 91 octane Stage 1 tune, the power curve looks better with Ford's calibration..

Also, considering Ford gave Whipple the software of the truck and now produce a tune off 93 octane that is naturally more powerful than this Ford tune, it would make sense in that collaboration that Ford wouldn't create a tune that is MORE powerful than the one from Whipple after the exclusivity Whipple no doubt paid for.

Whipple also expressly states they worked with "Ford's calibration" team in their product description so I imagine the power curve should look robust from the bottom end like Ford's.

I'm rarely above 5000rpm so the usability of the Ford tune seems more applicable for me at least. I'd prefer a 93 octane tune though so might lean towards Whipple.

Great Scott

Reaction score
Also, how does this compare with the Whipple tune? I know a lot of people thought that one was weak, but it is essentially the same thing?
Whipple tuned off 93 octane so their peak numbers are better. Since they also had access to the Ford Calibration team (and maybe even the Ford tune itself), my hope is the power curve looks as robust under 3500rpm too.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After reading all these comments, sounds to me like the best method (if anyone gets this) is to install yourself on the "down low". If you let the dealer do it, the they absolutely have this on record as being done and can weasel out IF something breaks. If you do it yourself, you could re-flash if you had an issue and cycle some starts in to hide it.
this is my question , if you buy it and install it , does ford know?