Ford Performance Tune for Gen 3s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
this is my question , if you buy it and install it , does ford know?
Yep, they can see how many times the ECM's been reflashed which should line up with their records since technically they should be the only ones accessing the ECM. This is assuming they want to dig deep enough.

My opinion, Ford wouldn't put their name all over a tune that runs even the slightest risk of causing any engine failure so I think a DIY install of the tune is the way to go especially since a lot of places are offering this package for about $675-700.

Ignoring peak numbers the low end improvements are pretty decent and likely where most of us spend most of time at anyways.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, they can see how many times the ECM's been reflashed which should line up with their records since technically they should be the only ones accessing the ECM. This is assuming they want to dig deep enough.

My opinion, Ford wouldn't put their name all over a tune that runs even the slightest risk of causing any engine failure so I think a DIY install of the tune is the way to go especially since a lot of places are offering this package for about $675-700.

Ignoring peak numbers the low end improvements are pretty decent and likely where most of us spend most of time at anyways.
What I mean , does fp communicate with ford that this tune was bought and installed. I’m not worried about key cycles I’ve never had or heard of anyone with a tune being asked why they have so few cycles

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 468252
“Whipple and it is Ford Calibration team.” Grammatical failure aside, they mean their in-house Ford guys - not that they had access to Ford staff.
i think their stage 1 is intercooler ,cai, so those numbers might be misleading ,so im not sure its actually doing 580 with just the tuner ,the website shows no graph

tone228

Reaction score
if it's anything like the ranger raptor tune, you have to upload your factory tune to ford before they provide the new tune so they definitely have a record of it:
That's pretty wild that they hold your stock tune on their servers. Not sure if this is a big brother thing or they're just trying to safeguard your stock tune so you don't lose it on your local device. I guess either way this is showing Ford a record that you tampered with the ECU. I agree with Gsteve, this is enough for me to wait for an aftermarket tune.

shigman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would someone just buy it and see if they require a vin #
Sadly I can’t see a situation where they don’t require a VIN to purchase….along with phone number, email, name, address, mothers maiden name. The question is …how often does the FP database interact with your local dealers database.