Feedback on your R's -- what problems have you experienced thus far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if you leave the shade open the glass has UV protection…
R,
HAP

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Gen 2 and both Gen 3’s do this but takes several months. I use adams interior detailer and solved it.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. My Gen 1 or 3 have not had this issue. Glad to know the Adam’s product helps.

Wristdoc

Reaction score
Got a 24R a week ago. Driver side rear seat missing the "Raptor" lettering so dealer ordering new seat cover. Worse than that was my first car wash yesterday water poured through the ceiling speaker on the passenger side...

Mine did the same thing and I was pissed but I may have figured this out...a least partially.

I guess the sunroof has a "wet seal" that allows some water into the drains beneath the seal. It then routes the water out the drains in the front of the channel. If you look at the channels, there is an additional hole that seems to allow the water to drain through it then routes it to the front holes. I will attach a picture.

The additional holes had black gunky sealant like stuff on both the passenger and drivers side. I pulled it out with some needle nose pliers then tested it with some water. I fed some weed-eater line down the front holes to make sure they were clear. Ran it through a car wash today with no problem.

I am going to bring it up with my dealer on my oil change to make sure it is documented. Not sure if this is the permanent fix the dealers are performing but it seems to have helped mine for now...

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• IMG_7360.jpeg
    IMG_7360.jpeg
    236.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7359.jpeg
    IMG_7359.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Sunroof leak.jpeg
    Sunroof leak.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 36

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing and I was pissed but I may have figured this out...a least partially.

I guess the sunroof has a "wet seal" that allows some water into the drains beneath the seal. It then routes the water out the drains in the front of the channel. If you look at the channels, there is an additional hole that seems to allow the water to drain through it then routes it to the front holes. I will attach a picture.

The additional holes had black gunky sealant like stuff on both the passenger and drivers side. I pulled it out with some needle nose pliers then tested it with some water. I fed some weed-eater line down the front holes to make sure they were clear. Ran it through a car wash today with no problem.

I am going to bring it up with my dealer on my oil change to make sure it is documented. Not sure if this is the permanent fix the dealers are performing but it seems to have helped mine for now...

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I’m bringing it to the dealer when they get my new speaker in. Will tell them about this

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a chalky airbag? This is my 2nd Raptor (both had this issue). I don’t put any chemicals on it - however it will clean up nice with Wolfgang leather condition but the chalkiness reappears after 3-4 weeks.
View attachment 461646
Start using high quality products. Adam’s or Chemical Guys another good place is the Rag company.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that lead foot grey airbag cover is weird.

I’ve had this awful sounding issue since the first week. It’s been in and out of the dealership and they can’t figure it out. No codes. I’m giving them until tomorrow before taking it somewhere else.

https://youtube.com/shorts/ptBaPLSXYUg?feature=shared

….i’m really sorry to inform you and hope that i’m wrong but that sounds like you may need a new supercharger

mb8097

Reaction score
23 raptor r. Had this on the dash, no power steering, been at the dealer for a month. They say waiting on the engineers who they can only email back and forth. They say the truck works fine but there’s a network communication error they can’t locate. Very minimal updates. Any others ever deal with this?

Attachments

• IMG_4048.png
    IMG_4048.png
    601.3 KB · Views: 5