Feedback on your R's -- what problems have you experienced thus far?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess I've been lucky. Took delivery in early December of '23 and only have the front passenger parking sensor going off for no reason once in a while.
I had that also, then it quit. Now the drivers rear sensor is doing it anytime I am in reverse

Cleversn

Reaction score
I took delivery Friday July 12. On my first drive, no more than 30 minutes in, I had a check engine light.
Dealer has had it since Monday the 15th and still doesn’t know what’s wrong.
The most annoying part is when I caught a glimpse of the error code history I noticed there were engine faults before I picked up the truck. I think this means the dealership reset it twice before selling it to me.
I’m not sure what I can do but it’s crazy that a brand new truck could leave a factory like this.

NoharmnoFAL

Reaction score
I think I’m having a SC issue, but have t really heard anything back from the dealer. About 5,000 mi and I’m getting a crazy buzzing, whooshing, metallic flutter at high rpm. I can duplicate it 100% by giving it heavy throttle, backing off, and then feathering it back on. Sometimes, it’ll do it by just giving it WOT. That’s how it first appeared.

It’s not throwing any codes. I first thought IWE (happened on my Gen 2), then flywheel (mimicked an issue I saw on a YTer’s GT350), transmission, then purge valve, but after desperately reaching out to Whipple, I’m thinking the SC pulley clutch.

I’ve only seen anything remotely similar twice online…Storm Trooper’s SC experience and this member’s thread:

Grinding Noise

Other than that, the only issues have been mostly annoyances…settings randomly changing, shifter sometimes acts up when going into park, etc.

Last edited:

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good here, May 2 blend, no trombone. Only real gripe so far (knock on ) was the oil filter torqued to kingdom come. I thought the **** locktite’d that sucker on! Added the Fumoto, next change should be a breeze!

Attachments

• IMG_7931.png
    IMG_7931.png
    876.9 KB · Views: 24

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like ford is in not so good of shape after the biden ev fiasco.It would seem them now building the 24’s with 2400 less parts than the 23’s quality would somewhat increase? maybe that’s why quality has gotten worse year after year for the past 4 years? seems like a shi*show from the factory all the way down to the greddy as* dealer network that have been bending everyone over with ADM’s for the past few years.

Last edited:

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a 24R a week ago. Driver side rear seat missing the "Raptor" lettering so dealer ordering new seat cover. Worse than that was my first car wash yesterday water poured through the ceiling speaker on the passenger side...

oxford37

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing a chalky airbag? This is my 2nd Raptor (both had this issue). I don’t put any chemicals on it - however it will clean up nice with Wolfgang leather condition but the chalkiness reappears after 3-4 weeks.
IMG_1638.jpeg

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s really strange. I’ve never heard of that happening. I would let the dealer look at it before you put anything on it.
R,
HAP

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a 24R a week ago. Driver side rear seat missing the "Raptor" lettering so dealer ordering new seat cover. Worse than that was my first car wash yesterday water poured through the ceiling speaker on the passenger side...

That’s why my R has no sunroof. Sucks man. Hope they get you squared away with.