Expected Gas Mileage for 2017 Raptor? (10-Speed Transmission)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My truck is just at 30,000 miles and the computer has never been reset. At least 8,000 has ben towing, mostly a 14' cargo trailer at high speed. It's sitting dead on at 15mpg.

A 17 should easily beat that with less wt, the puppy engine and 10 spd. Probably closer to 20 all around.

Supercup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a 2" leveling kit on my 2014 raptor and lost about 1-2 mpg....does this sound right ?? Just because of the leveling kit ??

Sounds about right - I had similar results on my F250 diesel a few years back - leveled 2" lift - lost 1 MPG - added 37" tires and 4" lift - lost another 2 MPG pending terrain -under towing load (12k toybox) mileage will still about 8 MPG - no real change. But unloaded around town and Hwy I lost 3 MPG from stock to final mods.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well if you ******* would use e-30 you'd be getting smilage! 10 cents a gal. Cheaper I average 13-15 and if driving like a ***** 20+

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Oh ya I'd use e-30 in the 2nd gen also.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Is premium fuel a requirement in the current ecoboosts? I bet that'll be fords recommendation on the raptor. I ran a 93 tune anyway but that could be a big deal for some.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is premium fuel a requirement in the current ecoboosts? I bet that'll be fords recommendation on the raptor. I ran a 93 tune anyway but that could be a big deal for some.

No. Regular fuel.

Surprisingly 1st gen raptor is regular gas too.

Would be nice to put regular in 2nd gen, but not a dealbreaker.

Just keep the 36 gallon tank, or larger, and I'm happy. :happy107:

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No. Regular fuel.

Surprisingly 1st gen raptor is regular gas too.

Would be nice to put regular in 2nd gen, but not a dealbreaker.

:happy107:

Just to clarify, for the Eco no less than 87 octane fuel and no fuel with more than 10% ethanol. Some parts, high altitude have 85 Octane, I think that's the lowest I've seen.

Fast Willy

Reaction score
What does it honestly matter? Whatever ford even advertises we wont actually get. For reference though, my 2012 loaded fx4 with ecoboost got about 17 to 18 under normal driving and then once I added the level and 35s It went down to 13-14 and that was with my programmer set to economy, intake and exhaust.

I wouldn't care about MPG so much in this truck if they would just keep it a v8. the 3.5 ecoboost motor is such a turnoff for this new truck.