GEN 2 Engine auto on/off annoyance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darkneo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Porsche's use the same system as Audis/VWs. I used to have a 2016 Audi S7, which had that "feature", but once I pressed the button to turn it off, it remembered that every time I turned the car on.

Unless all the new 2017s have changed that (in the VW Group), I'm pretty sure you can control it.

From what I'm seeing, Ford is one of the very few that are forcing customers to have that on every time the car starts.

I've had a long chat with the general manager at the dealership where I bought it, and he's looking into it further. I told them that they need to do an update to disable it, or else they need to put me into another car on their dime.

Maybe I'm the minority, but that feature really destroys a lot of the driving enjoyment. I almost have to change the way I drive in order to avoid it going off, or remember to push that stupid button.
Hmm driven a Cayenne and Panamera and both didn't remember my setting. Maybe I was doing something wrong lol.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It doesnt bother me too much except when i am pulling out of a driveway and i am waiting for traffic to clear... half the time, it shuts down just as i am about to go.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For Real!!!

I used the "jumper wire" hack method and never looked back. I forget that it even existed.

I did the jumper wire on my truck and boss's truck, neither of us even remember that the feature is even there anymore. Took 10 min on the first truck, less than five on the second.

Fusco0520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to take a different approach to things. I'm just bummed out that I paid so much money and this has been annoying me almost every time I drive.

Guess I just need to make it a habit to turn it off whenever I get in the car.

I did the wire trick. Where you pull the switch out and use a jumper. Mine now is always off. Took me maybe 10 minutes to do it. Search you tube for the video.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the wire trick. Where you pull the switch out and use a jumper. Mine now is always off. Took me maybe 10 minutes to do it. Search you tube for the video.

Might be paranoid, but I think this is better than the FORScan method. No one knows for sure if that causes any other weird problems with another part of the ECU reading that memory address for something else. Only time will prove out that method for sure.

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Instead of a jumper wire you could wire it to another switch and then you could actually have control of it again. (Except for when the computer disables it.)