Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is funny tell me where you can find a TRX for under MSRP

Just found the dealers post... Sure order a 2022 and hope it gets built since ram is shuttering production by 50%. Very available means on the lot to me... I searched last month for one after my Raptor got delayed and only found 1 at sticker... In the country
I know 2 dealers out of state. One is selling TRX for 5500 off sticker and one is selling 5000 off sticker. Orders of course. Not on the lot trucks

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I know 2 dealers out of state. One is selling TRX for 5500 off sticker and one is selling 5000 off sticker. Orders of course. Not on the lot trucks
Personally I would not expect any order to any auto manufacturer that gets an order right now to produce the vehicle in under 4 months time. Expecting less than that is a lack of acceptance in reality. For 5000+ off sticker I'd be very cool with a little wait.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If the Ford stealerships continue to play ADM games and the TRX is more readily available for under MSRP, Ford will lose a significant market share. It may be the latte-sipping, dress socks with sandals wearing crowd, but sales nonetheless. You can make all the arguments about what truck is better, newer, shinier, more off road capable, quicker, faster, hauls more cargo, better interior, but if the choice is a basically equal amount of money, with the Rap being 5-10 k of “voluntary tax”, and the TRX being no voluntary tax, that swings the pendulum pretty hard away from the Raptor.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Ford stealerships continue to play ADM games and the TRX is more readily available for under MSRP, Ford will lose a significant market share. It may be the latte-sipping, dress socks with sandals wearing crowd, but sales nonetheless. You can make all the arguments about what truck is better, newer, shinier, more off road capable, quicker, faster, hauls more cargo, better interior, but if the choice is a basically equal amount of money, with the Rap being 5-10 k of “voluntary tax”, and the TRX being no voluntary tax, that swings the pendulum pretty hard away from the Raptor.
This doesn't matter if people are still paying $20K over. That is why the dealers have this ADM. It is what the market will bear. You price high, then lower if trucks are sitting on the lot. The unfortunate truth here is that at $20K over MSRP, these trucks aren't going to sit on the lot.

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure why folks are mad...

This is America, capital centric.

1. Don't buy the truck.
2. Buy it and cry that you paid 20k over
3. Keep Gen 2 and do slightly upgrades

Dunno what ya'll want?
Yeah, I don't get it either. People are acting like they've got some right to purchase a vehicle for whatever number is on the window sticker, as if that has anything to do with the market value of the product.

Will I pay ADM? Hell no, so that means I'll likely be waiting for a bit until I find a dealer willing to sell one for MSRP. That's how things work, and I'm OK with that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This doesn't matter if people are still paying $20K over. That is why the dealers have this ADM. It is what the market will bear. You price high, then lower if trucks are sitting on the lot. The unfortunate truth here is that at $20K over MSRP, these trucks aren't going to sit on the lot.

I disagree. I see people are willing to pay over in a few cases, but it’s obviously not everybody, or even a majority. We’re seeing the advertised price, we’re not seeing what the selling price was.

Right now the Gen 3 is vaporware anyway. The market will improve slightly once trucks start moving.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I disagree. I see people are willing to pay over in a few cases, but it’s obviously not everybody, or even a majority. We’re seeing the advertised price, we’re not seeing what the selling price was.

Right now the Gen 3 is vaporware anyway. The market will improve slightly once trucks start moving.
I guess time will tell.