Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
That makes a difference only if they know they're losing business. I tell them I'm shopping elsewhere and l leave.

Salesmen / women don’t get paid if they don’t sell. You don’t get what you want if you don’t strike a deal. Just like folks were saying on here in 2016-2017. You pick up the phone or email the web sales bot. When you get the sales person on the horn, you need to take control of the call and be direct.

I am buying 2021 - well, 2022 now Raptor. I’m going to pay xx,*** for the truck configured with these options. Not paying anything over MSRP, not paying MSRP, I’m paying this. I’m willing to purchase from you, or I’ll get the truck from someone else. I won’t have my time wasted, don’t drag me into the showroom and spring surprise fees on me or you not only lose a sale, you lose all sales from my family, friends and anyone else who will listen forever.

Call me back if you want to sell the truck.
Repeat as needed. vary the wording as you need to fit your particular style. I’d probably be about 85% of that above, and if I was in the market for a 21 Rap, I’d be solid on MSRP and nothing more, period or I move on to another dealer.

You’ll get a call back probably more times than you expect and typically they will tell you “the best we can do is x,*** over MSRP” to which you respond. As I said, I will pay ..... no more and I certainly am not paying over MSRP. I’m negotiating with 6 other dealers right now - actually, this is another dealer calling me now. Call me back when you’re serious about selling”.

Obviously, you need to have grit and time to invest in saving some blood money, but it pays off.

Not everyone is going to play along, and some will certainly play hardball in this market but let’s be honest, nobody -needs- a Raptor. We want it. But it ain’t no 6 figure vehicle.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is funny tell me where you can find a TRX for under MSRP
I’ve been lurking on TRX forums and there are dealers in various states who are taking 22 TRX orders and taking $5k off MSRP. I am considering doing that and driving a TRX across country as a possibility.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been lurking on TRX forums and there are dealers in various states who are taking 22 TRX orders and taking $5k off MSRP. I am considering doing that and driving a TRX across country as a possibility.
Yeah that's fine but with the reported shut down of Ram production facilities who knows when you will get it. He made it sound like they were on the lot for below msrp

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine but with the reported shut down of Ram production facilities who knows when you will get it. He made it sound like they were on the lot for below msrp
Nah, they are going for MSRP at best from dealer stock, many are still going with ADM’s for those who want the truck now.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
This is funny tell me where you can find a TRX for under MSRP

Just found the dealers post... Sure order a 2022 and hope it gets built since ram is shuttering production by 50%. Very available means on the lot to me... I searched last month for one after my Raptor got delayed and only found 1 at sticker... In the country
nothing is on the lot right now, what are you thinking. readily available means there are dealers that will write the order for under msrp and when you get, you get it.

I actually just came back from one here in town. wanted to measure the trx to see if it will fit in my garage. maybe, but just barely. had one in the back that is a military order.