Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i'm realistic. I'd pay sticker if one just so happens to be on the way that I want. could really care less about getting a new truck

It's not about that. It's passive resistance. Like masks. I go into a place that requires them, someone has to come over and "remind" me. I calmly explain why I don't want to wear one and ask to speak to the manager. If they still want me to leave, I leave, without buying anything. If ten percent of customers would do that, the whole business model breaks to the point where they give up. People's time costs money. Cost them money.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
It's not about that. It's passive resistance. Like masks. I go into a place that requires them, someone has to come over and "remind" me. I calmly explain why I don't want to wear one and ask to speak to the manager. If they still want me to leave, I leave, without buying anything. If ten percent of customers would do that, the whole business model breaks to the point where they give up. People's time costs money. Cost them money.
I don't roll like that. Because I don't care, my time also costs money, and the last thing I am on this earth is passive.

On the masking, sort of off subject but why not. If the store requires it, I respect that...and I won't shop in their store. Because seeing people wear a mask p-i-s-s-e-s me off in the first place.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
On the masking, sort of off subject but why not. If the store requires it, I respect that...and I won't shop in their store. Because seeing people wear a mask p-i-s-s-e-s me off in the first place.

I have close friend who wears a mask everywhere, even without a mandate. Of course, not that you’d know it by looking at him, he’s in good shape, lifts weights, but he’s also a cancer survivor and considered immune compromised. So, don’t be quick to judge maskites. Another good friend is a teacher and she has to mask up not just in school, but around other humans to do as much as possible to minimize risk of transmission. she’s vaccinated, but doesn’t want to risk carrying the virus from someone less cautious to school. I never had a bad teacher. I’m not of the mindset to mask up everywhere and I’m not wholly convinced one way or the other of the effectiveness of consumer grade masks. I do know first hand that the M17A1 was quite effective at filtering out smoke, riot gas, other chemical irritants with the proper filters. I just let them do them and we keep our distance. I don’t do close quarters settings anyway.
People's time costs money. Cost them money.
Campaigning this much over MSRP means they’re only willing to come down about 10k or that they’re basically willing to sell no less than 15k over and in such cases it is very likely a dealer who really doesn’t want to sell the truck, but rather keep it around as eye candy, and talk unsuspecting and unwitting customers up to say a platinum or Tremor when an XLT is all they really wanted.

All people need to do is not buy it for that price, it’s that simple. It’s a voluntary tax. Pay if you’re inclined to, but know that you’re just making the market harder for everyone else.

Call and offer $50k. Waste as much of their time as you can. That costs them money and lets them know that they're ******* off potential customers.

Edit to add: p i s s i n g? Really?

Some ADM advertisements are to drive away tire kickers. This one is not that. This one is a stealership genuinely not wanting to sell right away, if at all.

The saddest part is that there are actually people willing to burn that much money. They will get what they ask for the trucks.
Meh. The TRX is available without ADM in the same market so, no, he’s not going to sell this truck at that price.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's two things. Woke morons and gummint mandates. I want to make a point to the former that it's costing them money and I want to cause people to lift a middle finger in the general direction of the CDC, the statehouse, the mayor, and to stop worrying about masks. But I don't want to be an a s s h o l e to the employee who's unpleasant job it is to pester customers. It's not his fault. Or the managers. So I'm polite but firm and I leave peacefully.

I’m not wholly convinced one way or the other of the effectiveness of consumer grade masks.

The latest studies claim that surgical masks are 10% effective if they're worn properly. Improperly worn consumer masks? It would work just as well to grow a beard. Masks are theater. It's time for citizens to take charge of the pandemic and just refuse to play along. I'm doing my part.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I have close friend who wears a mask everywhere, even without a mandate. Of course, not that you’d know it by looking at him, he’s in good shape, lifts weights, but he’s also a cancer survivor and considered immune compromised. So, don’t be quick to judge maskites. Another good friend is a teacher and she has to mask up not just in school, but around other humans to do as much as possible to minimize risk of transmission. she’s vaccinated, but doesn’t want to risk carrying the virus from someone less cautious to school. I never had a bad teacher. I’m not of the mindset to mask up everywhere and I’m not wholly convinced one way or the other of the effectiveness of consumer grade masks. I do know first hand that the M17A1 was quite effective at filtering out smoke, riot gas, other chemical irritants with the proper filters. I just let them do them and we keep our distance. I don’t do close quarters settings anyway.

Campaigning this much over MSRP means they’re only willing to come down about 10k or that they’re basically willing to sell no less than 15k over and in such cases it is very likely a dealer who really doesn’t want to sell the truck, but rather keep it around as eye candy, and talk unsuspecting and unwitting customers up to say a platinum or Tremor when an XLT is all they really wanted.

All people need to do is not buy it for that price, it’s that simple. It’s a voluntary tax. Pay if you’re inclined to, but know that you’re just making the market harder for everyone else.

Some ADM advertisements are to drive away tire kickers. This one is not that. This one is a stealership genuinely not wanting to sell right away, if at all.

Meh. The TRX is available without ADM in the same market so, no, he’s not going to sell this truck at that price.
Yeah, the trx is very available. for 5500 off msrp.
It's two things. Woke morons and gummint mandates. I want to make a point to the former that it's costing them money and I want to cause people to lift a middle finger in the general direction of the CDC, the statehouse, the mayor, and to stop worrying about masks. But I don't want to be an a s s h o l e to the employee who's unpleasant job it is to pester customers. It's not his fault. Or the managers. So I'm polite but firm and I leave peacefully.

The latest studies claim that surgical masks are 10% effective if they're worn properly. Improperly worn consumer masks? It would work just as well to grow a beard. Masks are theater. It's time for citizens to take charge of the pandemic and just refuse to play along. I'm doing my part.
You would be great friends with my next door neighbor.
I vote with my money, it doesn't get spent at businesses that are doing bs. They can eat my ********.

Stojanowski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the trx is very available. for 5500 off msrp.

You would be great friends with my next door neighbor.
I vote with my money, it doesn't get spent at businesses that are doing bs. They can eat my ********.
This is funny tell me where you can find a TRX for under MSRP

Just found the dealers post... Sure order a 2022 and hope it gets built since ram is shuttering production by 50%. Very available means on the lot to me... I searched last month for one after my Raptor got delayed and only found 1 at sticker... In the country

Last edited: