Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure why folks are mad...

This is America, capital centric.

1. Don't buy the truck.
2. Buy it and cry that you paid 20k over
3. Keep Gen 2 and do slightly upgrades

Dunno what ya'll want?

I want magic. I want everyone to have cheap high quality stuff, while those producing the good stuff are still paid extremely well and motivated to keep producing...even though they can already afford all the good stuff they would ever want.

Not saying that's what anyone here (besides me) wants.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This doesn't matter if people are still paying $20K over. That is why the dealers have this ADM. It is what the market will bear. You price high, then lower if trucks are sitting on the lot. The unfortunate truth here is that at $20K over MSRP, these trucks aren't going to sit on the lot.

Not exactly. You are correct on what will happen in the immediate future. However, there are plenty of people who will wait to get the deal they think is reasonable. For some, that means waiting till the Raptor price drops. For others, that means switching over to the TRX or whatever other vehicle draws there attention, dropping out of the future market.

So sure, Ford's dealer's might be able to milk an extra $5k out of buyer's right now, but the practice could result in 2-3 other buyers who were willing to may MSRP going elsewhere. Sure, you still sell everything on your lot, but you might have to do it at prices below MSRP. You maximize profits not just by maxing price, but by finding the sweet spot in volume and price.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly. You are correct on what will happen in the immediate future. However, there are plenty of people who will wait to get the deal they think is reasonable. For some, that means waiting till the Raptor price drops. For others, that means switching over to the TRX or whatever other vehicle draws there attention, dropping out of the future market.

So sure, Ford's dealer's might be able to milk an extra $5k out of buyer's right now, but the practice could result in 2-3 other buyers who were willing to may MSRP going elsewhere. Sure, you still sell everything on your lot, but you might have to do it at prices below MSRP. You maximize profits not just by maxing price, but by finding the sweet spot in volume and price.

We are saying the same thing. Right now there is extremely limited supply meaning that those that are comfortable waiting can, while the few 2021s that will hit the lots will move at $20K over. Or more. At least in major metros.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that even the 'good' dealers that dont charge ADM on Raptors will be charging ADM on the Raptor R. I hope not though!

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I would not expect any order to any auto manufacturer that gets an order right now to produce the vehicle in under 4 months time. Expecting less than that is a lack of acceptance in reality. For 5000+ off sticker I'd be very cool with a little wait.
100%. Lucky for me, I’m about 6-8 months from ordering a Rap. I’m out on the TRX. 8-9 MPG and $250/month for insurance is just too much to bear to deal with the Ram issues that they have.

I’ll sit on the sidelines and watch the car market and hopefully I can order one in about 3 months to deliver in 7-8 months? Hopefully

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that even the 'good' dealers that dont charge ADM on Raptors will be charging ADM on the Raptor R. I hope not though!
Depends how you define good. Many of our deals at MSRP are due to personal relationships, or tons of repeat business. I am sure that a lot of the dealers giving us MSRP are charging others ADM. Does that make them a "bad" dealer? Not in my opinion. I would imagine people will be leveraging relationships and repeated business for the Raptor R, but let's see what happens.