Crazy ass dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read someplace that the manufacturers had already raised MSRP prices so they could advertise big discounts.
Yes, there are posts with dealers inflating MSRP to pass the blame for ADM from their ownership to Ford. That is shady AF and I am surprised that Ford tolerates this practice.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
It was very common for people in California to go out of state for their Raptors. Arizona, Nevada, and Utah started catching. However it's spread. Now everyone is asking for a markup. Let the hype die and you'll be able to score one later. Besides, I'm sure once the R hits, you'll find a lot of these on the used market.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too bought my 2017 from a dealer in western New York where I grew up when literally every dealer I called in California (where I lived at that time) and any state touching CA was asking at least $25-30k over sticker. I called EVERY dealer in CA, NV, AZ, OR, NM, WA, UT, & ID. Yes, EVERY dealer. I kept a f√¢king spreadsheet, recorded every conversation, took down every name I spoke with, and noted the date and times of each call. I wanted to permanently memorialize these @$$holes.

In the end my daughter and I flew first class from CA to NY (because why not?), bought the truck at sticker, drove it back across the country, stopping to crash a fellow raptor groups' family wedding, shake the thing down and flip the dealers the bird on our way. At the end we had a once in a lifetime memory from that trip, made new friends, and STILL saved almost $26,000 based on what most dealers wanted to charge us.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too bought my 2017 from a dealer in western New York where I grew up when literally every dealer I called in California (where I lived at that time) and any state touching CA was asking at least $25-30k over sticker. I called EVERY dealer in CA, NV, AZ, OR, NM, WA, UT, & ID. Yes, EVERY dealer. I kept a f√¢king spreadsheet, recorded every conversation, took down every name I spoke with, and noted the date and times of each call. I wanted to permanently memorialize these @$$holes.

In the end my daughter and I flew first class from CA to NY (because why not?), bought the truck at sticker, drove it back across the country, stopping to crash a fellow raptor groups' family wedding, shake the thing down and flip the dealers the bird on our way. At the end we had a once in a lifetime memory from that trip, made new friends, and STILL saved almost $26,000 based on what most dealers wanted to charge us.
This is exactly how it should be done. Well played, sir.