Cracked flex plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JAB2435

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Raptor with 2000 miles on it. When the truck arrived at the dealership and I started it up for the first time I had noticed a ticking sound. Because I have never owned a Raptor or a 3.5L I thought it was normal. A couple weeks later we went on vacation to Key West on the way back home the ticking turn into rattling and I knew there was something wrong. I brought it back to the dealer and the service manager said the flex plate is cracked and of course the part is on back order, however he was able to find one at another dealership. They have had the truck for 7 days now I am hoping I will get it back today. How is this possible coming from the factory. Do they not QC the parts or the trucks as they go down the line. Has anyone else had this issue ?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like an odd ball thing to happen. I wouldn't sweat about it at all. If this was normal times, they would of had the part that day and had you back on the road the next and it wouldn't be so inconvenient. There are other things that Ford should of caught leaving the factory, but this mechancial part is an oddity. If anything the dealer doing the pdi should of caught it if it was abnormal upon delivery. Hope you get it back for the weekend and let us know how it is.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the bright side, at least it didn't leave you riding home in a rollback. I'm sure there are some Techs here that can better assess the regularity of a flex plate failure.
However, $hit happens. It's just a matter of how bad.
200.gif

OP
OP
JAB2435

JAB2435

Reaction score
On the bright side, at least it didn't leave you riding home in a rollback. I'm sure there are some Techs here that can better assess the regularity of a flex plate failure.
However, $hit happens. It's just a matter of how bad.
View attachment 357297
I agree, that thing could have shreded and left me and the wife standing along hwy 95.

OP
OP
JAB2435

JAB2435

Reaction score
Sounds like an odd ball thing to happen. I wouldn't sweat about it at all. If this was normal times, they would of had the part that day and had you back on the road the next and it wouldn't be so inconvenient. There are other things that Ford should of caught leaving the factory, but this mechancial part is an oddity. If anything the dealer doing the pdi should of caught it if it was abnormal upon delivery. Hope you get it back for the weekend and let us know how it is.
I don't think something like this happens too often coming from the factory. However, it is an inconvenience and they had to drop the transmission, which is not cool.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
This is the first I’ve read someone report this particular failure. I’m betting it wasn’t immediately visible and probably manifested only under load. I know that doesn’t magically make it better but you’re probably fine for quite a while now having drawn this short straw :)

OP
OP
JAB2435

JAB2435

Reaction score
Had the truck towed to the dealer on the 29th of May. They received the replacement part on the 3rd of June. Still waiting....

I can only hope that when I get the truck back I don't have any further issues.

OP
OP
JAB2435

JAB2435

Reaction score
UPDATE: So when they dropped the transmission they found an extra sensor bolt in the bell housing. So the rattling I heard was not a cracked flex plate it was a bolt. WTF

The bolt was remove and all is well.