Cracked flex plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Do they not QC the parts or the trucks as they go down the line.
No not really. Have you seen those union guys ever fix anything...no. They watch it roll by. They don't give a darn. Goes for most American brands.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree, that thing could have shreded and left me and the wife standing along hwy 95.
I find it weird how the average person's psychology has changed over the last 40 years. 40 years ago it seems like we were a bunch of doers and we didn't have cell phones. The worry of breaking down was really not an issue. Now we have a communication device in hand at all times, tow truck is normally just minutes away and the stress over being "stranded" seems to be 10 fold of what it was 40 years ago.

I am not bashing the OP, i see it daily. I run a repair shop and my own techs don't want to test drive something if they think it will leave them stranded, even though we need to have a failure to properly diagnose the issue. 40 years ago I walked back to work when that happened and then dispatched a tow truck to retrieve the vehicle.

Makes absolutely no sense to me.
UPDATE: So when they dropped the transmission they found an extra sensor bolt in the bell housing. So the rattling I heard was not a cracked flex plate it was a bolt. WTF

The bolt was remove and all is well.
Shit happens, I once saw a econoline van get delivered with about 600 hub caps in boxes in the back. We believed they were supposed to be removed at the tire/wheel station at the assembly plant and someone forgot. Or someone was trying to steal them and once in the parking lot they couldn't find "the" white van in the sea of white vans.