Couple quick questions about getting service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moridin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after almost exactly 40,000 miles I got the dreaded cam phaser rattle. Came on suddenly, just one day bam there it was. 2019 MY. Original owner and purchased the PremiumCare extended warranty.

I also know there is a TSB for the moonroof, mine has started making a pretty audible clunk sound when I try to vent it after it's sat for a while, and the sliding back process also seems a little sticky and not "right."

So my questions:

Should I expect with the PremiumCare warranty to be provided a rental car for dropping it off for the cam phasers? Are TSB's time sensitive, like the one for the moonroof? Or can they be done any time when the "issue" develops? And if a warranty vehicle is not to be provided, how long (typically) should one expect the cam phaser issue to take (i.e. how long should I expect to have to pay for a rental?)

Much appreciated.

Beinkounter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can definitely expect a lyft to be called for you. If you do score a rental, that would be impressive, but don't count on it. And definitely ask for it in advance if you want any hope of getting one.

KPT

Reaction score
My 2019 was at the dealer for week. It got pushed aside I'm sure because it was covered under my extended warranty. The first day didn't count as they wanted to start the truck in the morning to confirm the issue. I was OK with that as I wanted to be sure they replaced with the redesigned components. I rented for the time it was at the dealer as a vehicle was not provided.