37" Spare Tire modification Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

unashamed7

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am fairly new to these forums and just purchased a 2017 Raptor 802A a few months ago. The previous owner put on 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers on the factory wheels but it still has the OEM Spare. The truck currently only has the collar lift on the front to fit 37s so after doing some research I'm looking into Eibach + Deavers for long term.

Obviously he never took it off roading... So I'm wondering - Does anyone with a Gen2 running 37s have a full size 37 tire under the bed? It doesn't look like there's much room to spare but perhaps there's a modification that can be made.

Secondly in an emergency can you run the spare 35" if necessary? I can't imagine this is great for the truck for long distance/high speed...

Thanks in advance!

tsfischer

Reaction score
I am looking into the same issue. I bought a 2020 Raptor 802A that already has 37s on it. I have another 2020 Raptor 802A with 35's with OEM spare. I plan to take the one with 37's to Baja. The previous owner was running it off-road so had the spare in the bed, but I want to put underneath. I've heard that you can put a 37 inch KO2 underneath with it aired down to 15# or so, but wanted to see if anyone had done that.

thatJeepguy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wont fit. it will hit the exhaust and diff. And no you cant run a single .35 on a truck running 37s. Your tc and abs will go nuts.

justinh

Reaction score
I bought a set of factory 37" package beadlocks and tires off a Bronco Raptor and have been running them on my Gen 2 for over a year and a half with the 37" in the factory spare location. It touches the heat shield for the exhaust but doesn't cause any issues, I've had it in and out at least 3x and there aren't any problems or damage to the tire. I have the Spicer (Ford Performance knock off) diff cover as well and it clears. It's all really tight, but the tire doesn't move.

I don't have any "Baja like" terrain and don't jump my truck, but I use it offroad and tow our wake boat with it regularly, still no issues.