converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are not reading that door tag correctly and you are not close to 8000 pounds! You're SuperCrew Raptor weighed approximately 6113 pounds when you picked it up at the dealer. I highly doubt you've added nearly 1 ton worth of accessories to it.

Whatever

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are not reading that door tag correctly and you are not close to 8000 pounds!

You're SuperCrew Raptor weighed approximately 6113 pounds when you picked it up at the dealer. I highly doubt you've added nearly 1 ton worth of accessories to it.

Yeah... whatever! You're right, the difference in a 6500 pound and an 8000 pound truck is really no big deal. It's only like the difference of having a Geo Metro on the roof of your truck.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody told you to load up your Raptor like Rob Ford loads up on food at the buffet lunch.

Those of you who think you need to buy and carry 2 spares must be doing it to look cool - seriously, when have you ever needed or seen someone else need a 2nd spare? And if you do, wouldn't one of the Raptors with you loan them a spare?

ive used both my spares at the same time

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Well said. This is the biggest reason to carry 2. We all sacrifice a lot of time and money to just get to a run and we want to finish and not be taken out by a 1 flat.

Yes, you can borrow one from another owner in a pinch. However, I believe owners should be prepared and self reliant as possible.

Cool. Using that logic you guys should carry 4 spares.

It sounds like a lot of you must be running by yourselves in one vehicle (not a good idea).

First advice for off roading: Never do it alone (as in one vehicle).

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Its a great looking F150... its not a Raptor.....

3aa9090d30.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

whatever.jpg

Looks great man. :waytogo:

A friend of mine is planning on doing the same thing to his f150 with my take offs.

Just make sure you tell him "it's not a Raptor" :idiot: because somebody in Raptorland has his ******* in a bunch and doesn't appreciate that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" (and someone else doesn't seem to understand the whole "less weight is better" thing).