converted my 2006 f150 into a raptor clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scab = 6000lbs. Screw = 6,200lbs. Several folks on here have had them on the scales and I've yet to see more than a 100lb variance.

GVWR isn't the vehicle weight it's the max weight rating for vehicle, passengers and cargo.

http://www.onlinetowingguide.com/guidelines/gvwr.html

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

2014 Ford F-150 | View Vehicle Cargo Capacity | Ford.comthat sticker is GVWR not curb weight. if you look through fords website a raptor starts at 6004 lb

I was slow on the draw, lol

DT 714

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent job young man…!!

You've put in a great effort and a large amount of time to build what you wanted but couldn't afford to purchase turnkey.

I applaud you for all your hard work and perseverance to complete your project to this extent.

For your young years you have accomplished much more than most of your peers that live with their parents, have no jobs, ambition or future….

You my friend have a job that requires cool, calm, quick thinking and reactions…and i thank you for your service as an EMT to your community.

Also, you have attempted a major project in your garage/driveway and have reaped the rewards of a great success….I can imagine the pride you have in yourself and your skills.
I'm certain that your family/parents/significant other, shares in you pride and success as well they should.

You have accomplished a feat that many have attempted and failed….modding a vehicle is not as easy as they make it look on TV nor is SuperCross or Golf.

Having a leg up on your contemporaries as you do will serve you well in life….somebody raised you up right and should be thanked…I'll bet you do that already too….I can tell that by the way you have responded to posts in this thread for 9 pages…..

The race is long young man….pace yourself accordingly….you'll do fine.

To everyone else….like the song says "….freak bitch…do your thing…"

Just don't do it in my front yard……!!

Now…bring your little monster to TRR '14 and show it off…!!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 Screw.

But addition weight....

I'm 300, fully stocked bed rack, 6 37/12.5/17 Nitto trails, ADD bumper, RPG stage 2, misc welded and bolt on parts.

So closer to 8000

Nobody told you to load up your Raptor like Rob Ford loads up on food at the buffet lunch.

Those of you who think you need to buy and carry 2 spares must be doing it to look cool - seriously, when have you ever needed or seen someone else need a 2nd spare? And if you do, wouldn't one of the Raptors with you loan them a spare?

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nobody told you to load up your Raptor like Rob Ford loads up on food at the buffet lunch. Those of you who think you need to buy and carry 2 spares must be doing it to look cool - seriously, when have you ever needed or seen someone else need a 2nd spare? And if you do, wouldn't one of the Raptors with you loan them a spare?

I run two spares for this reason and this reason only:

I leave my house at 5am, swing by the gas station and fill up for $140. Spend 3 hours getting to Joshua tree or Ocotillo. We hit the trail and within the first 5 minutes I get a flat. Freak incident? Probably. So I swap out the spare and I'm good to go right??? Well If I was running only one spare, I'd have to call it quits because I have no spare left. The funs over. Am I going to risk getting another flat 30 miles away from the nearest paved road??? Nope. So that means I have to go home. I just drove three hours to get there. Now I gotta drive 3 hours back. And my full tank of gas?? All for nothing.

With two spares, you can continue to have fun even after popping a tire. Just the little extra confidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Well said. This is the biggest reason to carry 2. We all sacrifice a lot of time and money to just get to a run and we want to finish and not be taken out by a 1 flat.

Yes, you can borrow one from another owner in a pinch. However, I believe owners should be prepared and self reliant as possible.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I like the conversion. I'm thinking of getting an old F150 (2011-2013) and throwing all the RPG goodies on it. If you don't think an F150 with all the same aftermarket goodies most of us raptor guys have won't outrun a stock Raptor you're higher than Phillip Seymour Hoffman on a Saturday night. If that was the case then why is there so much money spent on taking off the stock Raptor parts?

I've had a 5.4 and a 6.2 Raptor and a 5.4 could be driven as fast as a 6.2 offroad. Raptors are cool rigs but I'm not sure I want to spend 50k for the 3rd time just to spend another 10-15k on aftermarket parts for a truck that's sole purpose if for me to beat it like a red headed step child in the dirt.

OP
OP
T

Turelli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the conversion. I'm thinking of getting an old F150 (2011-2013) and throwing all the RPG goodies on it. If you don't think an F150 with all the same aftermarket goodies most of us raptor guys have won't outrun a stock Raptor you're higher than Phillip Seymour Hoffman on a Saturday night. If that was the case then why is there so much money spent on taking off the stock Raptor parts?

I've had a 5.4 and a 6.2 Raptor and a 5.4 could be driven as fast as a 6.2 offroad. Raptors are cool rigs but I'm not sure I want to spend 50k for the 3rd time just to spend another 10-15k on aftermarket parts for a truck that's sole purpose if for me to beat it like a red headed step child in the dirt.

Just get it already!!! Hahaha. I say Eco-raptor.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Excellent job young man…!!

You've put in a great effort and a large amount of time to build what you wanted but couldn't afford to purchase turnkey.

I applaud you for all your hard work and perseverance to complete your project to this extent.

For your young years you have accomplished much more than most of your peers that live with their parents, have no jobs, ambition or future….

You my friend have a job that requires cool, calm, quick thinking and reactions…and i thank you for your service as an EMT to your community.

Also, you have attempted a major project in your garage/driveway and have reaped the rewards of a great success….I can imagine the pride you have in yourself and your skills.
I'm certain that your family/parents/significant other, shares in you pride and success as well they should.

You have accomplished a feat that many have attempted and failed….modding a vehicle is not as easy as they make it look on TV nor is SuperCross or Golf.

Having a leg up on your contemporaries as you do will serve you well in life….somebody raised you up right and should be thanked…I'll bet you do that already too….I can tell that by the way you have responded to posts in this thread for 9 pages…..

The race is long young man….pace yourself accordingly….you'll do fine.

To everyone else….like the song says "….freak bitch…do your thing…"

Just don't do it in my front yard……!!

Now…bring your little monster to TRR '14 and show it off…!!

thank you and hopefully my schedule has a break in it for TRR.

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2013 Screw.

But addition weight....

I'm 300, fully stocked bed rack, 6 37/12.5/17 Nitto trails, ADD bumper, RPG stage 2, misc welded and bolt on parts.

So closer to 8000

You are not reading that door tag correctly and you are not close to 8000 pounds!

You're SuperCrew Raptor weighed approximately 6113 pounds when you picked it up at the dealer. I highly doubt you've added nearly 1 ton worth of accessories to it.