Codes after E85 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmiracle

Reaction score
First I am working with Mr Winfield to see whats going on. But here is the situation. I put a 93 tune on the truck with no issues. When I tuned it on E85 (on second steps) the truck thru 3 codes P2198 O2 sensor biased/stuck rich (bank2 sensor 1) P2196 same as the other only bank 1 and P05A1 grille shutter A minimum/maximum stop performance. Anyone ever see these codes? Trucks performs fine with no noticeable issues. Anyone ever have these codes?

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I threw that code once after I bounced it off the rev limiter. Cleared them and no issues.
Those codes were on my first tank of E85 I had 1/4 of 93 mixed in. Cleared up once e85 circulated all the way through. Winfield will get it sorted.

#raptorsofthecorn

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
I monitor E-content real-time and have the Fuel-it app calculator pump content set to E83 vs E85 snd set the tank amount about 3 gallons less than the indicated amount to ensure I always have a bit more than E50 when filling up. I usually measure out to E53-E55. Its fine to have a few % more E50 for sure and I've tun as low as E35 when E85 fuel is not available during cross-country drives.

If you're not poking it WOT its fine as the ECU will retard the timing just fine. Now that said, if you're tuned hard to the limit, I wouldn't recommend it, but Winfield doesn’t do that unless you push for it specifically for racing only. Note I do my own tune so I have complete control.

OP
OP
B

bmiracle

Reaction score
I don’t need tuned to the limit. I did test it and it came back 65% Winfield did his thing and all good. Truck runs smooth and is like greased lighting on acceleration. Can’t wait to get it on a dyno