Clunking sound on Gen 3 too

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

insangsong78

Reaction score
well. my new to me CPO Gold 2022 raptor came with the clunking sound. took it to dealer and told me i have to replace the front shock.. it's OUT OF POCKET since it's a wear and tear time. completely BS. Never in my experience had I had a manufacturer tell me shock is a wear and tear item. Acura, Honda, Toyota, they all replaced shock as part of warranty, original or CPO.

Luckily my dealership who sold the truck is reimbursing me for the cost. but its the last time I pay extra a ford CPO. it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. I could have bought a non-CPO for significantly less and bought a full coverage aftermarket warranty for A LOT LESS total OTD.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well. my new to me CPO Gold 2022 raptor came with the clunking sound. took it to dealer and told me i have to replace the front shock.. it's OUT OF POCKET since it's a wear and tear time. completely BS. Never in my experience had I had a manufacturer tell me shock is a wear and tear item. Acura, Honda, Toyota, they all replaced shock as part of warranty, original or CPO.

Luckily my dealership who sold the truck is reimbursing me for the cost. but its the last time I pay extra a ford CPO. it's leaving a really bad taste in my mouth. I could have bought a non-CPO for significantly less and bought a full coverage aftermarket warranty for A LOT LESS total OTD.
What's the mileage on the truck? And did you print and present them the TSB associated with the clunk?