Clear Undercoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on The Rubber Test

I do not think we will see any damage now or ever. I think its all
cosmetic.

With that said:
  1. I think the Amsoil makes the rubber look the best, it has a nice shine over the entire rubber.
  2. The FF comes in second some spots are dull (hard to see it all from the picture) , but it stays wet and we know how dirty the engine gets, so I think its going to be a dirt magnet.
  3. The Boeshield makes the rubber look like garbage. It leaves a white flim.
Rubber Test.jpg

Last edited:

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think so, I mean if you hit something thats going to get real hot the Ams is going to burn off. No harm done there. It seems to do no damage, except for the fact that it will be hard to get off after cure time. Not sure what it does to plastic?

But under the truck I see no problem. I'll shoot you a picture below of the rubber test.

Thats what I was thinking, Ill throw some cardboard under tomorrow the truck tomorrow, put on my mask and glasses and go to town haha

Killjohnathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my AMSOIL from Chris today. (6 cans) I am hoping to get my truck early Nov. My question is, should I try and pay a shop to use there lift or can I just do it at home. It seems as though most of you are doing it at home. Any thoughts?

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can find a lift I believe it would make the job a WHOLE LOT more user friendly. It can be done at home in the driveway, but I personally wouldn't want to do it on my back.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done a Dodge Ram, my new Raptor, a John Deere 4x4 Gator and a John Deere ride on mower all on my back at home

If you can get to a lift, as CLkelly has said , yes it makes the job easy. If you cannot, you can still do a good job at home. Follow my instructions above.

Shops around here are worried about getting sued by you falling, they may not be covered. Thats the answer I got when I asked. But its a "who you know world" so if you know someone its a different story.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did mine yesterday, on my back in the driveway. Wasn't too bad, going to do another coat this weekend incase I missed some spots.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How was your over spray blast?

I found it hard to see with the blast of over spray, I had to get out of there every few minutes. And because its sort of clear its hard to follow where you sprayed and did not spray when you get back under there.Thats where I got most of my drips from, going over things I did already.

Makes the black under there a nice looking gloss finish. When water hits the parts coated, it just beads up.