Charging issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Corrosion and/or loose nuts at the starter terminals is a common problem.
Disconnect the battery and then unbolt the nuts and clean all the eye end terminals.
Maybe use some dialytic grease.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Corrosion and/or loose nuts at the starter terminals is a common problem.
Disconnect the battery and then unbolt the nuts and clean all the eye end terminals.
Maybe use some dialytic grease.
Checked the nuts and none are loose, but they’re all oily. Assume that’s probably not the best for them, so tomorrow that’s what I’ll do along with checking what PCM is commanding

bwep

Reaction score
There was a thread on the F-150 forum with a guy similar problem.
He ended up putting a new ignition cylinder in. As soon as he did that his fuse 27 blew.
He seemed to think the fuse was the intermittent problem, not the ignition cylinder.
You might want to look at both as a possible problem.

OP
OP
jdm_sixtwo

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
There was a thread on the F-150 forum with a guy similar problem.
He ended up putting a new ignition cylinder in. As soon as he did that his fuse 27 blew.
He seemed to think the fuse was the intermittent problem, not the ignition cylinder.
You might want to look at both as a possible problem.
I have a relocated fuse 27 already. I did have the truck just click one time when I tried to start it, but I just cleaned the terminal and it fired right up.