Car and Driver: Ford Raptor on 37’s vs TRX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would have been more interesting if they had pushed to the limits. When both trucks easily do everything, it's hard to come up with more than impressions.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they’re going to do a full test video, why not head to Moab or somewhere similar? Seemed like two soy boys doing off-road. And how can you do a test like this without getting both airborne…geez. But to be fair, their audience is really car guys who may want a truck.

bcidaho

Reaction score
The one thing I noticed is that it looked like there was much more vibration in the camera shots, and that they were getting jostled much more in the TRX than the Raptor. One of the first road trips I took in my 2010 6.2 (one of the first produced) was across Wyoming in winter, had the wife and 3 cats on-board, and decided to go take a look at the Killpecker sand dunes because we were bored with the Interstate. The roads were rutted and frozen. I've done a lot of off roading and winter driving, I trust my a$$ in the seat to tell me when I'm reaching the limit. I pushed speeds up to 80 mph, and never felt I was out of control. Probably could have gone faster, but there is a point where self preservation kicks in. The beast took the bumps, kept tracking well over the ruts, my wife was relaxed, and the cats didn't even wake up. I think, judging from the video, that if I was in a TRX, I would have suffered the wrath of the wife and the cats. I'd have to drive a TRX to really judge the difference, but that's my opinion just based on the video.

Cheers to all, and a happy 4th!