K03 in 37's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8250_RPM

Reaction score
These look amazing - I am a daily driver w mine. How is the ride on interstate with these? Gas mileage?
No issues. Gas mileage is unchanged for me. They do start off quiet and get noisier but I’ve used them for the last 10+ years on two trucks, in the rain, mud, and snow without issue. Adding to that, the sound insulation is far superior in the Raptor and I don’t hear the tires, but do feel them at low speeds.

Last edited:

77Raptor

Reaction score
I had a JKU Rubi, and I don’t think it’s the tires I think it’s the soda can sound insulation that makes the difference haha.
I would agree with you, but I noticed that with our Jeep, you could hear it coming from about 1/4 mile away if you're outside in our yard. The Raptor you pretty much don't hear until it's much closer to the house. And the tire noise from the inside with the windows down, eliminating the insulation issue, was noticeably different as well. Just my observations though.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
These look amazing - I am a daily driver w mine. How is the ride on interstate with these? Gas mileage?
Like hot garbage. Had them on my gen 2. Horrible everywhere compared to the KO2’s except the DEEP mud. Corner like a trash truck on mountain roads; way less grip on moist mountain roads; supper slippery in ice. They only lasted 20k and looked like they were good but had 0 traction when they were about30% left. I would never run this tire again, the truck looses capabilities with them unless you are mud bogging. Anyone who says differently has never really ran them hard IMHO. I live in the woods and need the truck to preform, I was excited to get different tires but really ended up a disappointment. Also they were like $400 more and no mileage warranty in comparison to the KO2.

OP
OP
D

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like hot garbage. Had them on my gen 2. Horrible everywhere compared to the KO2’s except the DEEP mud. Corner like a trash truck on mountain roads; way less grip on moist mountain roads; supper slippery in ice. They only lasted 20k and looked like they were good but had 0 traction when they were about30% left. I would never run this tire again, the truck looses capabilities with them unless you are mud bogging. Anyone who says differently has never really ran them hard IMHO. I live in the woods and need the truck to preform, I was excited to get different tires but really ended up a disappointment. Also they were like $400 more and no mileage warranty in comparison to the KO2.
haha - Dude you need to be in sales - I would buy what you recommend!

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was happy to have my factory KO2s wear out and replace them with mud terrain tires. So far I have had Toyo MTs that I had drilled and pinned with studs and siped for witner use (actually wore through the first set and puchased same again this last winter), and a set of 'summer' tires being General Grabber X3s (COVID buy very much limited my choices).
The Generals are great for overall usage, as they are a pretty mild mud tire and the sound is very similar to the stodk BFGs, with the TOYOs being great as well-the TOYOS did get louder with age.
As for the OE KO2s, never liked them, as I actually use my truck as a daily as a field guy, meaning some town, but also lots of highway and rugged off-road (not much high speed runs in sand, but lots of rocks, dessert & sage, and some primitive dirt tracks in the desert, along with mountain passes, snow, etc. The KO2's nearly left me stranded with a bed full of soil samples as a small rock lodged itself in the middle of the tread and the puncture had me high tailing it for a town with a tire shop, as I would have had to unload the bed to be able to jack it up to change out the tire.
10-ply mud terrains is all i run anymore for more than 2 decades. Work great in everything except ice, that's what the winter studs are for. I have run KO2's, KM's, KM2's, Maxxis Big Horn, Cooper MT, Goodyear MTR, General Grabber X3's, Hi Mile XTR, Firestone ATs...on everything from Ford Ranger, FS Bronco ('92 5.8L-love that thing), Jeep TJ & JK Rubicons, '18 Raptor.