Buyer in California

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollie

Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 2 weeks aggressively looking for a Gen 3 at MSRP with a ‘20 Raptor as a trade-in in Northern California . So far no luck getting close to a deal. The best offer I got was $69k trade-in and $12.5k over sticker.

On a whim, I went to a Ram dealer and got $63k trade-in and $12k over for the TRX.

Is anyone aware of dealers offering better deals at this point. I know the used car market is getting soft and auction inventory is growing, so I was hoping to snag a decent deal but we’re not there yet.

A lot of the YouTube videos I’m watching make it seem like there’s going to be a auto market collapse coming within the next 6 months.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 2 weeks aggressively looking for a Gen 3 at MSRP with a ‘20 Raptor as a trade-in in Northern California . So far no luck getting close to a deal. The best offer I got was $69k trade-in and $12.5k over sticker.

I bet you could get MSRP if you agreed to $56.5k on your trade in.;)

JeepSRT8

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would do it separate if you can. I found my truck in KC, I live in SoCal. near MSRP, and 1500 for shipping. Then found a local dealer where I traded in my Gen1 who gave me a good cash deal on the old rig. In the end I likely ended up net 15-20k positive if I were to do it all local.

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do it separate if you can. I found my truck in KC, I live in SoCal. near MSRP, and 1500 for shipping. Then found a local dealer where I traded in my Gen1 who gave me a good cash deal on the old rig. In the end I likely ended up net 15-20k positive if I were to do it all local.

who did you end up using for shipping and how was the experience? do you think you can pm me some info? I need a gen 3 shipped from PA when mine comes in , im in socal as well

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well your 1st, biggest, & only problem is you’re shopping in Cali. As @HighwaySentinel stated, look elsewhere. Too much “big money” in Cali and those shopper don’t give a ‘youknowwhat’ it cost.

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MSRP in CA is like finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Unless you have a solid hookup or a leprechaun on hand you better spread your search far and wide. I would start with a dealership that can provide an allocation since it appears ordered trucks have slightly less ADM than trucks on the lot.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Spend two weeks of your time looking in another state, specifically the midwest. I bet you find a better deal.
Or, better yet, DON’T.
Stick to shopping in the state you live in. Especially if you’re in Ca.
MSRP in CA is like finding that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Unless you have a solid hookup or a leprechaun on hand you better spread your search far and wide. I would start with a dealership that can provide an allocation since it appears ordered trucks have slightly less ADM than trucks on the lot.
Agree, but keep that search in California. California Raptors for California shoppers ! Be loyal to the California micro-economy and all.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Or, better yet, DON’T.
Stick to shopping in the state you live in. Especially if you’re in Ca.

Agree, but keep that search in California. California Raptors for California shoppers ! Be loyal to the California micro-economy and all.

Why?