beware mac haik

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjs

Reaction score
They sold me a 2014 black raptor . Found out door was repainted and blended on driver side.I drove 200 miles to get the truck. TheThey said it came from ford like that. I made them take it back. Vin is1ftfw1r66efa11708

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They sold me a 2014 black raptor . Found out door was repainted and blended on driver side.I drove 200 miles to get the truck. TheThey said it came from ford like that. I made them take it back. Vin is1ftfw1r66efa11708

If you can actually prove that you have a pretty strong case for fraud!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you can actually prove that you have a pretty strong case for fraud!

I'm not a lawyer but I'm not sure about that.

And it could have been damaged on the delivery. Does anyone expect the truck to not be sold after a door was scratched or damaged?

The only thing they should have done (IMO) was to (1) tell you about it BEFORE you bought it and (2) offered you a discount (which Ford should have offered to them) to buy it.

Sorry to hear about your experience

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed shortly after taking delivery of mine that there is a small spot on the driver door about the size of a silver dollar where the paint is smooth with no orange peel. You have to look at just the right angle to notice it, but it appears to be a paint repair.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing you noticed it.
There was a few things wrong with my new '14 Raptor also.
I kept asking them if there was any damage to it that had been repaired.
The dealership kept saying "No".

I quoted California Vehicle Code Section 9990 and 9991 to them and said they were obligated by LAW to tell me of any "Material Damage" to the vehicle.
They still denied any vehicle material damage.

These vehicle codes basically state that EVERY DEALER (in California) shall disclose in writing to the purchaser of a new motor vehicle,
prior to entering into a contract, any "Material Damage" known by the dealer to have been sustained by the vehicle and subsequently repaired.

Material damage is defined by the repairer's cost, exceeding 3 percent of the MSRP or $500 dollars, whichever is greater.

The replacement of damaged or stolen components, excluding the cost of repainting or refinishing those components, if replaced by the installation of new OEM parts that are bolted or attached as a unit the the vehicle (hood, bumpers, fenders, mechanical parts, instrument panels, moldings, glass, tires, wheels, electronic instruments) shall be excluded from the damage calculation, except any damage having a total repair that exeeds 10 percent of the MSRP shall be deemed material.

Damage to the frame or drive train. (must be disclosed to the new purchaser automatically)

Damage occurred in connection with a theft of the entire vehicle. (must be disclosed to any purchaser automatically)

Damage was to the suspension of the vehicle requiring repairs other than wheel balancing or alignment. (must be disclosed to any purchaser automatically)

As you can see, here in California, the dealership must disclose certain types of "Material Damage" ONLY after a certain monetary amount has been reached
in correlation to the MSRP of vehicle.

While other types of "Material Damage" must be disclosed automatically regardless of the monetary amount to repair the vehicle.

It would be wise to look up your individual states to determine the law on "Disclosure".

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not a lawyer but I'm not sure about that.

And it could have been damaged on the delivery. Does anyone expect the truck to not be sold after a door was scratched or damaged?

The only thing they should have done (IMO) was to (1) tell you about it BEFORE you bought it and (2) offered you a discount (which Ford should have offered to them) to buy it.

Sorry to hear about your experience

Please don't misunderstand. If he was alleging the truck was wrecked or altered in some way but presented as "new" that is blatant fraud. Now if they admit it was damaged that is totally different. As long as they were up front about the damage and repair it there is really no issue. Those things happen. As a matter of fact if you watch the video on you tube if F150 being built you will see where the doors are removed twice from body during construction. Easy to bump them up doing that.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please don't misunderstand. If he was alleging the truck was wrecked or altered in some way but presented as "new" that is blatant fraud. Now if they admit it was damaged that is totally different. As long as they were up front about the damage and repair it there is really no issue. Those things happen. As a matter of fact if you watch the video on you tube if F150 being built you will see where the doors are removed twice from body during construction. Easy to bump them up doing that.

Got it but here's what the OP said, "Found out door was repainted and blended on driver side."

It's a door. And it was repainted. It could've been scratched or dented, etc. but it wasn't bad enough to replace it.

Also, I'm sure that Ford does not ship damaged vehicles from its factories. While damage certainly occurs in production and post-production, they have quality inspections and rework done so the vehicles go out in brand new condition.

I'll bet his Raptor was damaged after it left the factory whether it was on the truck, coming off the truck at the dealership or even at the dealership (most likely in my estimation given the very limited info we have).

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is a large paint drip on my drivers door, under the clear coat. Ford sent it out that way. If it was repaired by ford, they would of done a much better job than what i am assuming is happening.

Sounds like dealer "repaired" it

Westside Offroad Group

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They have every right to sell the vehicle after fixing it but they have to disclose the damage and the repair to the buyer.

Simple concept. It's extremely shady of them not to have disclosed the repair, and possibly/most likely illegal in their state.